Amazon.com 6 x RX 470/480 4/8GB GPU Mining Rig Shopping List - DIY

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/super-flower-leadex-gold-1300w-fully-modular-80-plus-gold-power-supply-black-ca-010-sf.html

What do you think of this 1300w psu?

Iā€™ve run a few Super Flowers, they are pretty solid. The only thing I hate about them is that the leads are custom 9 pin ones.

Btw you get free haribos with each order from OCUK :grinning:

Turn around time from them is 24-36hrs in Europe

Note: Forgot to add that Caseking (Germany) is their parent company

As long as they are sour cola bottles im all game :smile:

So does that mean the youā€™d have to buy speciallist cables/adaptors for them? Where as evga you can buy universal?

You will get just about everything you need in the OG box. Just incase you need any extra leads you will need to order specific ones for Super Flower PSUs.

1 Like

Seems like most like the evgaā€¦ there must be a reason for it :slight_smile:

I like Corsair more (AX1200+ series) but they are costly :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a AX1200 (non I) that has been hashing for 4 years LOL

1 Like

Why did you put another 1 in the equation? Please stop lol

Seriously you donā€™t need to waste time.

The EVGA 1200W P2 is the best price and performance wise.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=389

Anything PSU related type PSU MODEL review Jonnyguru in google.

I checked all PSUs from OCUK and got the EVGA 1200W P2, hands down the best (par the very expensive ones).

2 Likes

Anyone want to point out a decent motherboard bundle for me please? Looking to set up a 4-6 gpu rigā€¦ total noob only ever played games on a computer lol

i just bought the EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 Titanium
As i understand it does 94% on a 55% output.
So with 6x MSI RX480 i should be running around 800W and that would make it the most efficient i would assume.

2 Likes

oh yeah, i think your right, looks like only the 1600W line has all 3, G2, P2, and T2
and yeah T2 is really not worth itā€¦ T2 savings in electricity only pays off after like 10 years for a person with average electricity costs,ā€¦ running it 365/7/24

so he should get either the 1200P2 or 1300G2ā€¦ I get the 1300WG2ā€™s just to have that little extra room in the future. ā€¦ as again, the difference in efficiency is really really minimal

superflowers are good too, but for the price (here) i just go with EVGA G2 series.

1 Like

I really suggest building your own rig frame or using a metal shelf like I do (as its reusable and you can mount like 4-6+ rigs on itā€¦ 199$ is a total waste and gpushack sucks

https://www.amazon.com/Whitmor-6060-322-Supreme-4-Tier-Shelving/dp/B0007MHD1K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1478829161&sr=8-3&keywords=metal+shelf+rack

50$ for that shelf and you can easily put 24 GPUs and 4 motherboards on itā€¦ or use the extra space for other stuff like a monitor

1 Like

Thanks for all the help friends, GOT FIRST SOLS on new rig!

Stock clocks, no mods yet. 6 x RX 470 4GB silentarmy v4

Rig picture tomorrow. Funny I ended up using a wire rack even before I saw the posts recommending it. $17.99 at HD.

Thank you, I understand now. However my EVGA 1300 did not come with any. There are two ā€œperifā€ cables with molex, but with 6 gpus I would need a third, so that each cable only powers 2 gpus.

Use the perif cables to power your risers not your GPUs. Use the 6 VGA cables for that,

Yup, I did use the VGA for GPU, but did use the sata for the risers. My psu only came with 2 perif cables, should I buy a third or run 3 gpus off each of the two cables? @garethtdavies

Iā€™m confused. if you are using the VGA cables for the GPUs and SATA cables to power the risers what do you need the perif cables to power exactly? I run 3 risers off a single perif cable.

Other commenters above said not to use the sata cables to power the risers b/c of fire hazard. I did use them b/c I was waiting to determine if the perif cables were better. I will replace the sata cables with the perifs on the risers.

I was also told not more the 2 risers per perif cable, so thatā€™s why I was wondering if I should buy a third.

smart :smiley:
made me smile today, thanks

not sure with the msi cards, but I am more than comfortable and have talked about this with others, that with the sapphire nitros at least, 1 riser per sata cable is fine. but again powerdraw might vary with other cards thought the PCIEā€¦ just try not to double up the sata cables - 1 sata cable per riser.

and your using silentarmy, im impressed

you can increase speeds by flashing your bios, but probably would have been better to get the nitros if you wanted to do that cause they have a dual bios switch (the msi dont right?)

1 Like

Youā€™ll likely be fine either way (I have both setups using SATA risers as well as 3 risers per perif cable) and besides you only have 2 perif outlets on that PSU :slight_smile: If I had a choice Iā€™d go 3 risers on each perif cable,

1 Like