Announcing Ycash, The First "Friendly Fork" of the Zcash Blockchain

Jaxx Liberty wallet allows you to see and copy your zec private keys, just downloaded mobile version and checked.

1 Like

Now we have to wait YEC wallet and fork to comešŸ˜Ž

1 Like

ā€œSo, Iā€™ve been doing things with Ycash mining & helping with their test forksā€¦ā€

I wrote a very basic stratum server so I could GPU mine, initially just to see if I could make it work but when @hloo noticed their hashrate spiking I decided to help.

The test forks have been interesting, especially when the network goes from a gazillion sols/s to a lot less in a controlled way.

If anyone wants to try solo-mining their mainnet (or make a solo-mining-pool) my server is on ZF Grants for a small amount.

Hereā€™s the link :-

6 Likes

@ChileBob

Do they have cookies on the dark side ? :joy::kissing_heart:

Nicely done man :grinning:

3 Likes

Hash Brown Cookies with Merkleberry Jam :joy:

5 Likes

Itā€™s out now.

https://github.com/ycashfoundation/ycash/releases/tag/1.0

6 Likes

Hello
Can someone explain to me if the hard fork from zcash to ycash will give coins to zcash users?
1zcash for 1 Ycash
And if so, which exchange will accept?

https://www.safe.trade and yes if you own zec you get 1:1 yec.

2 Likes

You get one for one.

There is one exchange atm, the name is a few posts before this post.

1 Like

They are two unknown exchanges
Iā€™d rather wait to see if it will be available in other more famous exchanges

1 Like

Thatā€™s your call, but in my opinion a good one. I myself prefer only a few exchanges that I trust. ( And even those can fail, so only keep it there if you trade , otherwise move it to a safe wallet )

I have seen a lot of new projects that do not add good exchanges at beginning for to avoid users mass dumping coins which of course makes senseā€¦ Just as a general side note why on new projects, if they arenā€™t top notch promising ones, you mostly wonā€™t see a good exchange at beginning.

This said ā€œfamousā€ exchange is a knife with 2 sides, hence more liquidy and better order books/markets on the other side there is a good chance the price will fall faster there, especially right after a fork with a lot of uncertainityā€¦

Some things that got my attention right now:

• I wasnā€™t able to find any legal documentation regarding the Ycash foundation. Neither on their homepage nor with google.

• Result of the above is of course that there is no information about board members, status, legal responsibility, whateverā€¦

• The Ycash Trademark is not owned by the foundation but Mr. Loo
    Owner: Loo, Howard T INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES PO Box ***********************

Maybe someone from the Y(es-man)Cash guys should take a look on the Zcash Foundatin page to see how it should be organized, especially the legal part.

2 Likes

pretty sure thereā€™s only 1 member on the y cash foundation.

1 Like

really not sure why zooko/etc are retweeting yec posts.

terrible rt/heart ratio on this. yec has barely any support.

apparently the author of this piece is the ā€œycash foundationā€

whoā€™s ā€œweā€?

this has heartbreak written all over it.

1 Like

You think after 2 or 3 months since Ycash birth itā€™s still just a 1-man-show?

1 Like

havenā€™t seen anything that says anything else. have you ever seen another member of the so-called ā€œycash foundationā€?

1 Like

No, that was the reason why i was searching for some legal papers and documentation about the Ycash foundation, without any success as i posted allready aboveā€¦

2 Likes

I would say itā€™s because Zooko is interested in seeing Ycash succeed and nothing more. Monetary incentives notwithstanding, I donā€™t think this tweet is in any way motivated by profit. Rather, Zooko is quite friendly in real life and I think he would probably vocalize support for any ZEC fork that has goals that he agrees with.

That being said, I donā€™t expect this fork to be beneficial for the ZEC price.

@CitricAcid I believe the 29,000 ZEC youā€™re referring to are owned by the Electric Coin Company and not Zooko personally. But I would still wager all my YEC that Zooko isnā€™t going to be selling his YEC on the day of the fork, or anytime soon for that matter.

3 Likes

You are correct, it is the ECC that owns the 29,096 Zec.

Zooko earns 2,033 ZEC per month since the release of Zcash in October 28, 2016ā€¦ pretty sure that is a fact