Announcing Ycash, The First "Friendly Fork" of the Zcash Blockchain

In the short period i was able to read some discord messages through the various channels i think there was a post that hloo is the only admin there (if i remember right). Not really sure about this one as it wasn’t of much interest for me to give it much attention.
And even if it was a mod what’s the logic behind it? From the 3 posts i made on discord it’s obvious and impossible i broke any rules. 1 was even to improve their discord channel, 1 to admire for the suprnova mining pool which is my favourite one anyway and one a neutral answer to another user who ask for an opinion what happens pricewise with Zcash at forktime.

I would have joined their forum to check out but i’am not aware they have one. Just came across the Discord link and thought i might check it out to see how what’s going on there…

No problem at all. Just makes you wonder for what nowadays transparency, community project and and and stands at all for. IF someone gets banned without a warning, without reason, within 30 minutes i doubt it’s a good place to stay anyway, seriously.

From my limited knowledge you can get banned by people flagging your stuff, so an automatic thing.

I am not going to make our private messages public, but if hloo did do this out of spite he really has dropped the ball.

To show power over you and spite. It may well be someone that knows you from somewhere else, like I said there is a certain breed of discord mod that actively seek out communities - and because of their mod status on other discords and technical knowledge of discord get hired as janitors. These are the people that ban for fun/no reason.

I am very confident this is a discord issue. Please let hloo respond before writing ycash off. (im in no way affiliated with ycash, but I will be doing RandomX testing to see if it might work with it)

Google discord admin abuse to see what I mean. The place is worse than bitcointalk.

I see that Mr. Loo is replying/ typing something up. I’ll wait accordingly for his response so that I have all sides of the story and make logical conclusions.

How is yec priced? How much for one yec/usd?

Ycash has not forked from Zcash yet, it’s about a month away

One benefit of spending a lot of your own hard-earned ZEC to launch a Zcash hard fork is that you are able to play a larger role in shaping the future of the new coin. And that includes setting your own community standards.

The Discord server in question is not a community-run Discord server. It is run by the Ycash Foundation. Currently, I am the sole moderator, although more moderators will be added if traffic increases.

I was under the impression that a user receiving a ban on Discord is able to view the ban reason. I was wrong. I banned @boxalex from the Ycash Foundation’s Discord server for the following reason:

“Excessive posting on Zcash forum, including Ycash Announcement thread. Pattern of posts on Zcash Forum advocating Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (including related to Ycash) without any evidence, based merely on conjecture.”

@boxalex has expressed positive views about Ycash recently, so this has nothing to do with whether someone has positive or negative views about Ycash.

Participation in the Ycash Foundation Discord chat channels is a privilege, not a right. As stated in the pinned message on the “forum-policies” channel of the Discord server (written several weeks ago):

“[D]on’t mistake this Discord server to be a free speech zone.”

Note that @boxalex could have messaged me in private on this forum to inquire about the ban. We could have talked about it and possibly come to some agreement. Instead, he chose to make several public posts about it without first taking the time to get all the facts.

If circumstances change, the ban will be lifted.

1 Like

@Shawn @sonya @paige

I think this post says all it needs to say about allowing the Ycash conversation to continue on the Zcash forums.
He is using conversations from the Zcash forums to censor and ban people from (and he has this right, since they belong to him) his Ycash channels. He posted these links for all to use UNLESS his disagree’s with anything you posted then you are banned.

Allowing this thread and him to continue posting things about HIS friendly YCash fork that he created using his hard earned Zec to launch needs to end.

I’m glad that his words and actions are now public record and will follow Ycash for how ever long it exists.

Its funny that @hloo complained in these forums about bullying yet censorship is the biggest form of bullying.

5 Likes

Seeing as I inserted myself into this conversation. I am now going to bow out of it with this.

You are going to hate this @boxalex, but hloo’s response is consistent with everything I have seen on the discord.

The pair of you have a lot more in common than not. I am not going to speak for box and say why he was critical of ycash and has changed to be positive. you two can sort that out between yourselves. I think it is a bridge worth building.

It is a low volume discord, and not designed for forum style stuff. I nearly got banned in the first 5 mins because I thought it was more like IRC.

Not 100% true, he didn’t really have all the facts, he couldn’t see his ban reason so understandably he thought he was being singled out because you two don’t have a great track history (something I completely missed btw) - Im sure he would have PM’d you if he had that info.

EDIT:

Oh right, I mis read that as excessive posting on discord. To be fair this isn’t a great reason. but at least you are honest about it.

And you are using information from his discord to get him banned on here. please stop with the deplaforming rubbish already.

Full Discosure I am not affiliated with ycash, nor am I in a bounty program or any form of program that promises me recompense for what I do - I have no financial interest in ycash, lots of tech interest though. I am investigating RandomX and its potential as a POW for zcash, monero and yec.

1 Like

At no time did I ever say ban anyone, I said close this thread and stop allowing him to post things about Ycash on the Zcash Forums. Especially if he is going to use the Zcash forums as a place of information so that he can censor others for their thoughts and comments.
Let’s get the facts straight please.

The Mods are discussing this right now.

My opinion: I don’t think a retaliatory ban or closing of the thread is the answer, it’s a separate platform and us doing something like that would send a wrong message that we take users actions on other platforms into account. We don’t have time or resources to track down who has done what on other platforms.

3 Likes

1.) Sounds very centralized if not even absolutly centralized if one person shapes everything.
2.) I understand now why the name “Ycash” has been choosen. I guess the “Y” stands for “Yes-Man” and “Yes-Women”. Doesn’t sound to bad either “Yes-Man-Cash

Nice one.

Another nice one. Means the pattern of a user on a 3rd party forum/social media is taken into account if someone can be of the selected ones to get the privilege (as you call it) to join the Ycash Discord.

Fear? That’s laughable @hloo, seriously, i may have bearish views on Zcash for the next years and other currencies, whatever, but spreading Fear and FUD is something different. I allways, without expection attested that Zcash has the best tech around.
Just as a remark, someone that is spreading Fear/FUD doesn’t invest that much time on thoughts/adressing issues/possible solutions/calculations/whatever.

Uncertainty? Seriously? You that create even a hardfork from Zcash, you accuse me of creating uncertainty? I’am still here, no matter i really thought i leave, but i still hope Zcash/ECC/Foundation will manage the issues i have concerns and even i have critical thoughts about a lot of things that happen at least i try with contributing to adress them and hopefullly help with this to find a good solution.

Doubt? Never ever think doubt is something bad. Doubt helps in my cases while blind-following is dangerous. Doubt is the aggregator to think more about a given thing. And doubt always leaves the door open to change a mind.

1.) If someone doesn’t have all numbers often conjecture is involved
2.) I don’t think there are many people here that too shitload of hours to calculate, research, make stats, whatever to backup many things. Accusing me my posts are merely on conjecture isn’t right.
3.) As said above, you are right from banning me as i’am not the Yes-Man community you will have.

Indeed and as said i really got some sympathies lately, the better it is what happened right now. After it doesn’t matter if someone has a positive view or not (this alone doesn’t fit up with your reasons anyway). I can only wish you good luck with getting more people with positive views.

That’s ok, i guess it’s the same in many other not-community driven projects. In my opinion this is very stupid for Ycash itself because that way critics and discussions that don’t agree with your approach have to be “fought” on another platform, like this right now. The next one will bring an issue to twitter, the other one to bitcointalk and so on. With good intention i can tell you it’s the wrong approach!

Thx for clearing this up. We are now aware it’s the meeting-hall for the Yes-Man.

Seriously? First of all it was clear that it was due my posts on the Zcash forum as my 3 posts on the Ycash discord channel have been all with best intention, obviously. What would it have changed even if i had read the ban reason (which i obvously again didn’t)? Nothing, are your reasons are anyway towards a 3rd party forum, in this case the Zcash forum, which again, was just obvious as stated in my first post.
I’am not seeking for mercy or begging to contribute to a given product. It’s either take it or leave it. If you have problems with critice posts, adressing honestly straight issues or possible issues than your choice to ban me was just right even it didn’t needed really a ban. A message would have done the job as well

What? Don’t even bother, seriously. As you shared your reasons why you banned me here my reasons why i never ever again would join the Ycash project:

• Upfront-Censorship is the worst censorship that can happen. Making someone silenced bevor he even opens his mouth just due maybe different views is authorian dictator like. Sorry for the straight wording, but such approach is nothing i would like to be affilated in any case under NO circumstances.
    At this point a big thank you to Zcash moderation that tolerate open minds, critic and adressing issues!

• I’am a very strong believer that critic leads to best results. While many believe it’s even offending or counter productive i’am with my 50 years and old style german eduacation an absolute believer that critic is even a must to get a top result at the end. IF a given critic turned out to be wrong it proofs the decision/way/path is right, if the critic is right and true, it helped avoiding further a mess and/or leaves room for corrections. It’s a win-win situation not everybody seems to understand.
    And just as a remark: Even in private life the biggest wrong choise is having Yes-Man as friends, in most cases you end up in a great mess.

• I’am a straight guy/man, i don’t like hypocrisy like you showed here while at one side complaining about bully posts and than your own banning on subjective impressions. That’s something that fits the Yes-Men/Women better.

Good luck! Not worth to comment even further.

Edit: A nice old german saying: “Money and Power isn’t for everybody”

4 Likes

Agree… not our circus, not our monkey.

2 Likes

If I could upvote this statement and and say a personal thank you to every single moderator I would. I don’t always agree with you but all of you at least listen, discuss, and even admit when you are mistaken.

5 Likes

Me personally agrees to this. There is nothing bad to have 1 thread where people can discuss Ycash even after the fork. Why not, that’s ok for a direct fork from Zcash.
Just because we witnessed such bann/censorship behavor from Ycash doesn’t mean we need to fall that deep as well.

5 Likes

And we didn’t even fork yet hehehe

1 Like

When is it going to happen?

Ycash around the 18 th of Juli
Boxalex unbanned probably never hehehe

Don’t crack such jokes. Boxalex is almost the only active and adequate person on this forum.

Are there any instructions on how to claim ycash at time of fork? How about for people who store on hardware wallets (i.e. ledger nano’s)? Thanks in advance.