Applied Memetics Group

2 Likes

having a lot of fun with “bitcoin’s for boomers” memes!

1 Like

Do I know my stuff or do I know my stuff?
You guys should trust my judgement more.

Prophet of the Church of ZEC when?

Heres the twitter link to prove no shoop.
https://twitter.com/cryptobotic/status/1122186390916272128

2 Likes

Seems I’ve got a Twitter thread going regarding ProtonMail accepting ZEC - completely by accident

Anyone fancy adding their vote on ProtonMail’s support page? Private email & private money go well together.

Here’s the link to Twitter :-
https://twitter.com/chile_bob/status/1196084529749880832?s=20

Here’s the link to ProtonMail’s page :-

3 Likes

This is very good. You are very talented for marketing.

3 Likes

worried some people might view the memetics project as a luxury; not as a necessity. don’t think they’ve spent a lot of time in the trenches to truly understand the damage done to ZEC’s brand. have 2 apex shitlords that i’ve convinced to help, and a couple people from the forum that seem interested. absolutely convinced AMG will help repair ZEC’s image, but haven’t received any funding. really wanted AMG to be firing on all cylinders by december. december will be a critical month to sell people on zcash.

talking strictly memetics: going to concentrate on making pro zcash memes, and close to no anti-competition memes (excluding BTC). in-a-way when we add other alts like XMR to our memes - it’s almost like we’re giving them free marketing. we don’t need to be doing that.

also learned privacy vs privacy is probably not worth debating too much. the “my coin’s more private than your coin” argument is probably a waste of time since it’s a really esoteric argument that most people won’t follow. more people seem interested in the fact XMR supply is not capped, XMR hashrate is low, etc. basically, ZEC’s fundamentals are better, and fundamentals (outside of privacy) are much easier to visualize via memetics.

: ) that’s what i’m thinking!

4 Likes

Don’t worry now I’m motivated. I have been known to do some devilishly brilliant things when I am properly motivated (The problem is I just F up more, when I’m not) :rofl:

2 Likes

Gotta love the terminology, ‘apex shitlords’, ‘cat herders’ :slight_smile:

Don’t think there’s anything wrong with a few negative memes, there are times when scorn & derision are called for - just my humble opinion.

Edit: There’s plenty of ‘laughing zebra’ pics out there, just add a caption :slight_smile:

zebra1 zebra2 zebra3

4 Likes

did you know ZEC means rabbit in serbian? pretty amazing, imo. that has memetic value! my thoughts haven’t changed on the zebra mascot: Zebras are unacceptable

it’s very difficult to make zebra memes because zebras are very uncool. rabbits are cute, and look cool
in a top hat. this makes rabbits very memeable. nobody likes zebras because they’re goofy looking, and smell bad. we should swap mascots for the big win!

2 Likes

This is gonna be good… @sonya likes bunnies and zebras! What’s it gonna be? Ladies & gentlemen, place your bets…

3 Likes

zebrabbit

7 Likes

LOL, there is something to be said about a rabbit’s anonymity set, hey Fibonacci!
(I think the Zcash mascot should be a golden spiral, ha!)

And just to clarify

3 Likes

…when memetics goes very wrong

4 Likes

I thought you said you got funding to make a video, website, posters and other stuff? I was waiting for the detailed plan of what was going to happen. Has the ZFND turned down the grant?

I agree with this, a few others did point this out to you earlier.

This too.

I don’t mean that in a harsh way, although it does sound harsh. - It seems you learnt some valuable lessons.

What you are suggesting now sounds more like outreach, you just call it memetics for whatever reason. I think the ZFND is onboard with outreach. So maybe drop the “shitlord” bit and concentrate on promoting the message and what skillsets you can bring to the table and what dollar amount those skills are worth.

good luck.

2 Likes

don’t remember saying this. did state ZF approved AMG, but i don’t think that means AMG will definitely be funded.

in today’s world, if your outreach strategy doesn’t include memetics in some form - your strategy will fail. first verbal/then visual memes are currently one of the most effective, and cost efficient ways to grow a “community”.

2 Likes

Ah right.

I got a bit confused. I remember you posting something where you quoted $15k for a years work and used some placeholder stuff (i.e. the vid someone else did, howards poster campaign and some other stuff as an example of what the stuff costs and what you are intending to do with them.) and said you would be posting more details. Then I saw that you might not be getting funded.

Anyway I have PM’d you and my offer still stands. I agree that you need some form of memetics in outreach. I am really glad you have come round on the idea of dunking on fiat rather than other cryptos. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We need to brand ourselves as the Switzerland to their Cayman islands if we compare offshore juristictions. Look at whats happening. I didnt watch it but I suspect the Russia Today report is about privacy coins not satisfying the FATF regulations.

EDIT:
Or it could be about this I found this later.

Here is some stuff that could be useful here I found it in @IvanBogatyy thread.

Think positive, Zcash because not that stuff…ehhh idk
“Zcash because good reason” :+1:

3 Likes