Community Call with the ZCG Candidates (14th December @ 20:00 UTC)

This is one of many reasons i keep pushing for txt fees. the third party wallets need to stand on their own two feet. the fees will liberate wallet developers from the dev fund. many people erroneously think ZEC has low fees. The reality is the transaction costs are hidden and being inflated away. if we where to associate the cost of the network to transactions instead of inflating, the costs would likely be 10/txn. its a real cost being subsidized by inflation. there is a cost to the inflation. it depresses the zec price. The wallets need to figure out how to add value so that they can charge a txn fee to support development. one wallet is all we need. but it needs to work. sync times are so slow it’s really a waste of money to stretch too thin until the sync times are lightening fast. i panic every time i need to send coins. it took over 2 hours today send to coinbase recently. zec holders can’t fund so many wallets. with the poor sync times and wallet bugs, if we were playing 21 (cards), it feels like we are splitting 6s every time we fund a wallet and we end up with many “bad hands” instead of just one and we end up losing a lot of money funding too many walllets…The broader community needs to get behind zec and support it.

1 Like