Community Call with the ZCG Candidates (14th December @ 20:00 UTC)

As we have done for previous ZCG elections, we will be hosting a community call with the candidates who are standing for election to ZCG:

The call wil take place on Thursday 14th December at 20:00 UTC. You can join the live call using this link:

The call will also be recorded and uploaded to the ZF Youtube channel.

Please post the questions you would like the candidates to answer in this thread :point_down:. The questions with the most likes (:heart:s) will be prioritized. Please suggest multiple questions as separate posts, so that they can be :heart:'d separately.

12 Likes

Would you do anyting different then in 2023 was done or decided by ZCG by havin more info and now current knowledge?

6 Likes

If you were in ZCG in 2023, what was most important lesson learned in 2023 by being part of ZCG?
If ur were not, what do u think will be hardest part of working in ZCG?

8 Likes

If you could leverage the direct grant option to provide ongoing funding to any community contributor, who would you fund, why, and are there any parameters or stipulations you would apply to this?

7 Likes

Given the distressed ZCG treasury, how would you balance funding community initiatives vs development resources? Which would you prioritize and why?

11 Likes

Are there any ideas that you think are worth funding that ZCG has not funded or approved to date? What are they and why?

8 Likes

do you consider yourself a fiduciary for zec holders?

1 Like

Do you have any RFPs in mind?

2 Likes

What’s your opinion of @Zooko as a leader? Do you think he’s doing a good job running the ECC eng team?

3 Likes

Do you see any conflict of interest with @nathan-at-least @zooko and @zancas all being related and affiliated with Zcash?

3 Likes

Do you think Zcash is decentralized? If so, please explain how. If not, how would you make it so?

6 Likes
  1. What pro-active steps can ZCG take to find developers and fund development of new features?

2. Would you be willing to provide additional funding to ECC, ZF, or Qedit if it meant increasing the utility of ZEC?

3. Would you be willing to establish a bounty system for the most requested upgrades by the community?

4. In what ways could ZCG leverage funding to strengthen the relationship of Zcash with other chains?

4 Likes

How would to shift the ZCG’s resources to reflect the needs and interests of Spanish-speaking peoples who might well form the plurality, or even majority, of ZEC users?

4 Likes

would you be willing to create a funding website similar to monero to enable the community to directly fund requests?

3 Likes

Nevermind Monero. We used to have this as a feature of the grants website and I think it’s time to bring it back. I just posted about this a couple weeks ago.

4 Likes

Do you live outside the US?
Are you a citizen, of a country other than the US?
Are you fluent in any natural language besides English?

I want to hear from people who can answer ¡Sí! to all three of these questions.

2 Likes

my view is that zechub should do this and get 10%-20% of the funding as a fee to help support the website and kick starter like functions. I only mention Monero because the site looks slick with good UIUX.

the fee is what starts to decentralize the development and maintenance and get funding off block rewards. we need a focus on fees as opposed to issuance to get the tokenomics working for us.

2 Likes

I encourage you to check our dao dao treasury which has been funded via the community, anonymously. Our governance is very much an experiment but the setup is much the same as you suggest. We need FROST to really accelerate on the :zebra: side. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Call starts in 30min at this link:

2 Likes