Curating the Wallet Lists

I was perusing this list of wallets and 3 questions sprang to mind:

(1) Why is Zashi at the top, i.e. how is this list created?
(2) Is NightHawk still actively supported?
(3) Where’s eZcash?

@aarnott do you think eZcash should be listed here?

5 Likes

It’s between unstoppable and zingo PC, no?

Nighthawk update for custom server selection to allow migration, at the time, but doesn’t support the current fees so it’s pretty much done now.

Appreciate any feedback, thank you!

1. We can arrange in any order to be honest. Which wallet would you like to be on top?
  2. Unclear how much @NighthawkApps is supported, perhaps @aiyadt can address this directly
  3. It’s been added, I have been helping with beta support, I’m surprised you haven’t joined his discord yet. Perhaps you’re on mobile? Let me know if you don’t see it.

I encourage more feedback, ZecHub is about active contributions from the community. :zebra: :shield:

6 Likes

Placement really isn’t important to us, we are hoping people select wallets based on features.

We also have a wallet like feature in the works. Perhaps this can be a way to rank wallets from top to bottom.

eZcash is listed, maybe you have a filter toggled.

Also everyone is very welcome to make edits!

6 Likes

Thanks to @alurosu New Feature has landed!

Give your favourite wallet a like :+1:
Any wallet you deem unsafe? Give it a :-1:

Wallets are also now ranked by likes.

11 Likes

Another few relevant features to add to the mix of feature sliders:

• Ability to buy ZEC (may be regionally limited)
  • Payment Requests
  • ZIP 320 (TEX Address) Support
  • Exchange Rate Retrieval
  • Privacy-Preserving (TOR) Exchange Rate Retrieval
  • Privacy-Preserving (TOR) Transaction Submission
7 Likes

A little explanation of the tags would be helpful. For instance, I don’t understand what “synchronizer” means.
Good job! :+1:

7 Likes

Ouch. eZcash had a score of -2. If folks are downvoting for the reason given here, that it is unsafe, I’d like to get that feedback in writing so I can follow up and resolve any concerns people have.

(added later)
This is obviously being manipulated. Trezor has a -17 rating. Several others are negative as well. Why are folks motivated to vote this way?

Are there records to show usernames and how they vote so we can check whether they look suspicious?

2 Likes

No records to show usernames or suspicious activity. In fact analytics on the website is not collected at all.

We’re going to add ZEC fees for wallet upvotes and downvotes. Perhaps these can be routed to the donations address of the specific wallet selected. :thinking:

Good idea for feedback, we can add a button that links directly to the eZcash discord. Same for Zashi/Zingo/Ywallet.

3 Likes

No records to show usernames or suspicious activity. In fact analytics on the website is not collected at all.

How then does the site prevent me from voting multiple times?

We’re going to add ZEC fees for wallet upvotes and downvotes. Perhaps these can be routed to the donations address of the specific wallet selected. :thinking:

Will there still be a way to prevent double-voting?
While wallet authors receiving the ZEC used to pay for votes sounds nice and appropriate, it would also reduce losses if wallet authors voted (repeatedly) for their own wallet. So this idea should be coupled to a strong mitigation for that risk IMO.

5 Likes

It uses SHA-1 of IP + wallet. I can’t say there will be a way to prevent double voting, but we’ll experiment with rate limits and other mechanisms to make it as fair as possible.

By analytics I meant tracking users across pages etc.

4 Likes

Open to ideas from the community :mag_right: :mage:

2 Likes

Just like in customer service, 90% of reviews/opinions are from disgruntled folks. Don’t take it personally, they genuinely don’t care. I’ve found that most of the “Happy” people just move along and don’t go that extra mile to review things. We will counter this with improved ways to focus on the well intended takes.

1 Like

Well… if that was the case, there wouldn’t be any wallet with a positive score. Yet Ywallet has 80 at this moment.

2 Likes

The website checks for IP. If a specific IP voted for a specific wallet, then they will no longer be able to vote for it. The obvious problem is using infinite IPs or VPNs, but I don’t know how else to limit votes without having an account or wallet on the website.

Important note: the IP is not saved on the website, there isn’t any way to trace back votes or any correlation. We save an unidirectional encryption proof and see if that proof already exists in the database or not.

Another thing to mention, this is not a life threatening vote. I don’t even understand why people want to manipulate the list.

Open to suggestions as always

4 Likes

It seems all the votes were recently reset. Was that planned, or an accident?

2 Likes

From +88 to -1 overnight. LOL

3 Likes