This is an attempt to define what the ‘third-entity’ could be, which may be of interest to some of the proposals.
I’ll attempt to ZIP it if there’s enough interest, although its current form might spark other ideas which is the whole point of posting it here.
The ‘Third Entity’ should be the ‘community’ which is comprised of several different groups.
- Its only purpose is to break 2-of-2 deadlocks
- It is not an organisation or group
- Its inputs are the results from polling the ecosystem
- It receives no funds, there are no paid positions
- It resolves issues that have been stuck in 2-of-2 deadlock for more one NU milestone (3 months?)
- It activates in sync with NU milestones
The ‘Third Entity’ decides by polling/surveying ecosystem components through vaious means :-
- Holders (based on the stake-holders poll for choosing the NU4 name)
- Miners (survey the three largest pools)
- Exchanges (survey the three largest by ZEC volume)
- Forum Poll (use Discourse voting feature for regular members)
- Advisory Panel (use the Helios survey - could merge with the Forum Poll)
Each ecosystem component should have equal weight, so with five components each one gets ‘20 points’, the other two entities get 100 points each, making a unanimous result from the ‘third entity’ equal to one of the others.
Each component should work to improve its polling method, ie: holders being able to keep funds shielded, miners to include farms & not just pools, etc.
- very difficult to ‘game’ an entity with diverse components
- issues do not stay unresolved (ie: trademark)
- pressures the other entities (ZF/ECC) to cooperate & resolve issues within the NU cycle.
- new components could be added if there’s a way to measure them (developers, individual miners, etc)