"errors" : "WARNING: check your network connection, 0 blocks received in the last 4 hours (96 expected)"

{
“version” : 1000000,
“protocolversion” : 170002,
“walletversion” : 60000,
“balance” : 0.00000000,
“blocks” : 18,
“timeoffset” : 0,
“connections” : 0,
“proxy” : “”,
“difficulty” : 1.00000000,
“testnet” : true,
“keypoololdest” : 1476420648,
“keypoolsize” : 101,
“paytxfee” : 0.00000000,
“relayfee” : 0.00005000,
“errors” : “WARNING: check your network connection, 0 blocks received in the last 4 hours (96 expected)”
}

Anyone help me out with this?

That seems to show that you aren’t connecting to any nodes.

What do you have in your config file ?

You have no connections to internet. Why? Maybe Firewall.

I have an absolutely clean and new version of ubuntu, do not think it is firewall

not sure. a bunch of folders and a few documents…

I continue to have same issue too, despite clean ubuntu, decent memory, good internet connection, upgraded to beta 2 and still same message. Getting this for 3 days now after trying it many times and leaving it to mine. Thanks.

What @trolloniex is asking, is have you set up a conf file, as per this guide:
Home · zcash/zcash Wiki · GitHub

It’s the file that tells your PC how it should mine.

1 Like

Thanks. In my case this file does exist, including with additions of gen=1 and genproclimit=numberofcores, still same result as whitekey. Thanks everyone for your time and help.

I have solved it … if you have fresh installation like me

just install anaconda … there are some packages that are essential like python which are not installed
delete testnet3
recompile again

genesis-mining.com 3% coupon code GzujDK

I too have solved it, or think I have. It now says I have 5 connections and gives me this:

“errors” : “This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications”

Which I believe is correct. Apparently I was using an old testnet from a guide on cryptocompare. They have since updated it, gut I just followed the guide on github instead.

not sure about anaconda, but if I have other issues I will look into it. Thx all!

That’s great! I did the same yesterday and getting the same message as you do - testnet… Nothing in account balance so far after around 24 hours of running, but one of the posts on this forum says that it could take a few days for the first coin (or fraction thereof) to show up in wallet balance…fingers crossed. One more thing (for the avoidance of doubt please): even after deleting testnet3 and freshly installing beta2, a testnet3 folder still shows up in the .zcashconf file - is that normal? Thanks.

Left mine running all night and now have a balance of 3.5 coins!!

http://thebitcointalk.org/t/zcash-mining-guide-mini/347

Mini guide