Free Webinar: Designing a Compliance Program for Privacy-Preserving Cryptocurrencies

Hello Zcash community! I am sharing a webinar that is extremely relevant to Zcash and the adoption of shielded deposits and withdrawals on exchanges.

Please click here to register for the webinar.

Privacy technologies are increasingly used on cryptocurrency networks. Bitcoin has seen an increase in decentralized mixing, and Zcash has seen an increase in fully-shielded transactions. Monero and Grin provide certain levels of privacy to all transactions on their network. Ethereum and other coins have proposed privacy enhancements forthcoming.

Compliance professionals must have sufficient AML programs in place for these existing and forthcoming challenges. ComplyFirst is offering this free webinar that will describe important privacy technologies and how compliance professionals can be prepared.

The webinar will take place on December 16, 2020 at 1:00 pm ET. I hope you can come and ask questions live, but I will also make a recording available :slight_smile:

https://www.complyfirst.org/event/12-16-2020-privacy-preserving-cryptocurrencies-webinar/

In case you missed our ComplyFirst compliance brief on Zcash, you can view that here:

1 Like

Here is the recording:

1 Like

I watched that, don’t think it’s entirely accurate, for example the part about having to send off-chain travel rule information is something that isn’t applicable here but ya know its about what I expected

I’m not aware of a single exchange or regulated institution that uses the encrypted memo to send required Travel Rule information. Since every other asset is going to have information shared off-chain for efficiency and safety reasons, these regulated institutions seem to be preparing to do the same for Zcash since they already are investing in these communication systems.

Maybe not yet but its why the memo field exists and its going take time for the world to grasp. There’s another ongoing discussion here that centers around compliance, it’s good.