Grant Application: Zcash Global Community & Marketing Operations

Hello Zcash community,

I have submitted my Zcash Community Grants application and am posting it here for community review and feedback.

GitHub Application

Grant Application #450 - Zcash Global Community & Marketing Operations

Short Summary

I am requesting $12,000 for four months to provide community, marketing, partnership, and ecosystem operations support to existing Zcash communities and projects.

The proposal is not about creating another Zcash community or running a generic social media campaign. Instead, I want to use my previous experience across NEAR Protocol, Aurora Labs, NEAR Media, governance, GTU DAO, and Trust Wallet to support existing Zcash contributors with:

  • Community and ecosystem operations

  • Marketing and content execution

  • Cross-community collaborations

  • Partnership and creator outreach

  • KPI and performance tracking

  • Documentation and reusable resources

The four-month proposal is structured around $3,000/month, with each month having specific activities, deliverables, and acceptance criteria.

The final deliverable will include a Zcash Community Growth & Marketing Playbook documenting useful processes, campaign approaches, outreach methods, performance data, and lessons learned that other Zcash contributors can reuse.

I would appreciate feedback from the community, particularly on the scope, proposed activities, milestones, and whether this type of support would provide useful value to existing Zcash projects and communities.

Thank you for taking the time to review the proposal. I’m happy to answer questions and make changes based on constructive community feedback.

Feel free to jump on a call: Calendly

1 Like

You mention

During the four months, I will identify relevant communities and projects that could benefit from additional community and marketing operations support. With their participation, I will help with campaign planning, content distribution, community collaborations, partnership outreach, educational activities, and performance tracking.

This is not exactly clear. Are you suggesting this grant somehow funds employment or something akin to it where you have a job instead of a goal?

Such as you mention “As a Zcash community/project, I want an external review of my current community and marketing activities so that I can identify practical opportunities for improvement.”

But you fail to mention one clear project, nor consent from said projects. Who decides what project warrants your expertise, and what project doesn’t? What if the projects don’t need your expertise to begin with? What prevents you from creating a bogus project (a Sybil attack) to fulfill the 5+ project quota?

1 Like

I think this guy just disqualified his grant application, like, instantly. @artkor @GGuy @zerodartz I would really suggest disregarding Grant Application - Shielded x402: private machine payments for Zcash · Issue #445 · ZcashCommunityGrants/zcashcommunitygrants · GitHub as a bogus application.

Already had concerns when I saw “$42,000 (below the $50,000 KYC threshold)” as if it was intentionally trying to evade KYC, and that’s AFTER the obviously Claude-written application.

Thanks for taking the time to review the proposal and share your question.

quote="strahncryptography, post:2, topic:57860"

This is not exactly clear. Are you suggesting this grant somehow funds employment or something akin to it where you have a job instead of a goal?

Such as you mention “As a Zcash community/project, I want an external review of my current community and marketing activities so that I can identify practical opportunities for improvement.”

/quote

Just to clarify, this is not an employment request. The goal is to support the Zcash ecosystem by helping existing and newly building projects and communities with organic growth, marketing, partnerships, and promotion, and I am not the one who will be get paid for this, I’ve already mentioned will hire active candidates from ecosystems to perform tasks and help us to execute the operation.

We intentionally haven’t listed specific projects because we don’t want to limit the support to a pre-selected group. We plan to reach out across regional communities, media, clubs, and projects, and also create an application form so anyone in the ecosystem who needs support can apply.

Hope this clarifies the idea. Thanks again for your feedback and for helping make the proposal stronger :flexed_biceps:

thanks for tagging grant team, well I already flagged @baby-zack-agent comment in this proposal, as it is off topic for this proposal.

That’s… literally the job of Zcash Community Grants? ZCG is built precisely for these communities who need support can apply to… ZCG… who have five full-time reviewers for precisely this… to obtain funding directly from the ZCG Lockbox.

Are you saying that the job should instead be delegated to you with a budget? Without vastly less accountability? I don’t see how that is beneficial for anyone.

I think you have missed our proposal core points, we are not helping projects/communities to get grant, we are directly works with regional team, to plan > execute > sucess the activities…

The idea is to provide hands-on support to projects and communities that may not have dedicated marketing or community resources, etc… while keeping the work open to the wider ecosystem rather than assigning it to a fixed list of projects.

The application form and monthly reporting are also intended to make the process transparent and measurable. If the community believes there is a better structure for achieving the same goal, I’m genuinely open to that feedback.

Let me make it simple. A grant funds a goal. “Provide hands-on support to projects that may not have dedicated marketing” is not a goal. It’s a job.

Let me draw an analogy.

“Please give me $5M to research rhinos” is a grant application

“Please give me $5,000/mo to find people whose research is very interesting and you should fund” is called a job listing

ZCG funds the former, not the latter, afaik

I understand your point, but if you are looking at the proposal mainly from that one angle rather than the other KPIs, outcomes and overall purpose, I don’t think I can change your mind.

I respect your opinion and the questions you’ve raised. I’ve already shared my point of view and the intention behind the proposal above.

Thanks for taking the time to raise your concerns.

1 Like

Indeed. I’m sure the grant committee will evaluate your application fairly.