Ideas for expanding ZCAP

Nice work, Dodger and Zcash Foundation!

Even though ZCAP polls are non-binding on ECC’s decisions and ZCAP is administered solely by the Zcash Foundation, it is still one important data point to us at ECC when we’re trying to learn what Zcashers think. Therefore, I’d like to offer a suggestion.

In this iteration, ZCAP is being expanded with friends/recommendations of the current ZCAP members, long-standing participants in this forum who weren’t already in ZCAP, and people who’ve contributed to Zcash through winning and executing grants or contributing software to the open source software code bases. I think those are all good ways to do it and as always I appreciate how thoughtful the Zcash Foundation is about things like this.

My suggestion is that in a future iteration of the ZCAP, the Zcash Foundation include people whose qualification is that are ZEC holders.

We know that there is are permissionless, decentralized, anonymous ways for ZEC holders to prove that they hold ZEC and to express their intentions (such as a request to join the ZCAP) because they’ve done so multiple times before successfully, most recently Coin-holder poll: results summary - Electric Coin Company

This suggestion is in line with ECC’s belief that ZEC holders are a critical part of the Zcash community, and that their voices should be heard, even if they are not friends with anyone on the current ZCAP, can’t or won’t participate in this forum, and can’t contribute to software or grant-receiving projects. Let’s give ZEC holders a voice - Electric Coin Company

8 Likes