Important: Potential Binance Delisting

Update: Last night, @nuttycom, @hanh, and I had a call with Binance to discuss Hanh’s proposed exchange address solution. The conversation primarily addressed Binance’s technical questions, and, in the end, they ultimately signed off on the proposal from a technical standpoint. Unfortunately, they have postponed the go-ahead for development until they complete a compliance review of all privacy coins on their platform. By the sounds of it, Binance plans to evaluate the discussions they’ve had with various privacy coin projects, whether they plan to adhere to Binance’s requests, and then potentially delist some coins based on this review. If we pass the compliance review, we will have the green light to start development. Binance has also indicated that they will be flexible regarding the February 29 deadline they previously quoted.

At this point, we have done everything possible to cooperate with Binance to prevent delisting. If we fail the compliance review, it will be due to Binance taking a hardline stance against privacy coins, and not a lack of a viable proposal from our side. We expect to receive a final decision by the end of next week, January 19. I will provide the community an update as soon as new information is available.

I want to thank @nuttycom, @joshs, and @reubenyap for their advice, guidance, and support over the past few months. This issue has been challenging to work on, and their assistance has been instrumental and is greatly appreciated.

I also want to express profound gratitude to @hanh. It is no coincidence that the two solutions Binance found most compelling were both proposed by Hanh. Hanh is an exceptionally capable developer with a sophisticated understanding of the Zcash protocol. We are very fortunate to have someone of his caliber in our community. Thank you, Hanh!

44 Likes