Lawzec Candidate for ZOMG [Withdrawn]

The mobile wallet from NightHawk was a huge ZOMG grant, compare it to what those ‘little hands’ delivered with zero funding…but yeah, be happy with what you paid for.

Cooperation goes a long way, most Ycash people are also Zcash people.

2 Likes

This is out of line and unfair imho. As @ChileBob mentioned there are folks in the Ycash community working on both projects. Just because you decide to not get involved doesn’t mean that it’s not going on.

The Ycash chain is quite literally ~50% of the Zcash chain. Many of those early holders still have their YEC coins. That is just chain analysis fact.

Also, YWallet and ZWallet have been developed in parallel, and a lot of the feedback is coming from the Ycash folks. These wallets are HUGE progress in the shielded mobile crypto space.

Let’s think critically here @joris … if early adopters of Zcash still hold their Ycash (which many do) … if the market value of Ycash goes up, then those entities will also have a bigger cushion for R&D and hiring and growth. This directly benefits Zcash and Zcash entities. Maybe they could afford a few additional rust engineers.

That’s not rocket science. Ycash is the closest chain to Zcash.

The interesting part is ECC and ZF basically have their Ycash positions “off-book” right now (unless they sold it)… but if Ycash were $10, $20, or say par with ZEC…. Then, these entities could have much stronger balance sheets for growth.

You can stop waiting now. :wink:

A fork is a fork. Live and let live, peace. I want Zec to thrive, we’re not gonna thrive tagging along with ycash, sorry to shake your dreams.

If anything, history proved you wrong. Forks of BTC failed miserably, despite BTC holders where also hodlers of the split chains.

I want someone in the ZOMG with acute business sense & knows what to do, and not to play hobby… or wngmi.

Please, Zcash and Zcash only.

The beauty of history is that we write it everyday.

1 Like

I regret bringing up the ycash! Zcashers believe in preparing for the worst, right? To me, Ycash seems to offer a backup shielded chain if governance goes poorly in zcash. I like ECC, and the self-funding development mechanism, but it needs community REVIEW.

Setting that aside, sure, from a speculator’s viewpoint, ycash marketcap is sure attractive, and I would assume that we zcashers are likely the very few that have any idea about it. Seems like a project that needs watering.

I don’t really know if “you’re pumping your own bags” is a credible accusation in a multichain world, but I truly insist that some shielded to shielded cross chain product is valuable. It would be to me.

1 Like

Candidate withdrew: Abandoning candidacy