Let's bring stablecoins to ZSAs!

These are exactly the points i’m trying to make; especially when i say josh’s and zooko vision is a “sell zec” vision

1. miners sell
  2. orgs sell
  3. and the use case for spending is inherently a sell zec vision.

The longer we wait to deprecate zcashD the further behind we get.

The Foundation has been a strong proponent of programmability and making the blockchain useful for many years, it’s ready, Qedit is ready, and the end user markets are ready for the products that get created when we have programmability. ECC wants to talk about freedom and i think we want to see blockchain development prioritized.

ECC clearly states they are focused on payments. That is great for processing transactions privately. the elephant in the room is we don’t have a currency. We have an asset (like gold). But their concept of privacy is blinding them to both empirical evidence and theory when it comes to a currency and what attributes it needs to have… the logical and rational conclusion is we need stablecoins for payments and it just falls on deaf ears.

I don’t think it’s a controversial statement to say that if you need to spend zec inside of a 6 month timeframe and you are risk averse, buying zec to spend is a very bad idea. you are probably more than 60% chance going to lose money (eg you won’t have enough money to buy your coffee or said another way, you better be prepared to pay $4.5 for a $4 coffee). So if someone has no excess income (which is probably 90% or more of the world) above their weekly costs (like rent, food, etc), I can’t see how ECC with a good conscience can recommend someone buys zec for spending.

6 Likes