MightyJaxx Exclusive Drop ft Cypherpunk Zero NFT

They do indeed go to MJ and to cover gas cost, tho MJ is basically doing this at cost and we agreed to purchase a few for future giveaways + any that go unsold.

3 Likes

What is ā€œbasically at costā€ in actualized terms?

Will these expenses be published somewhere? E.g. if no upfront cost, how many engineering/product/marketing hours salary wise are we talking here? Would be nice to know to measure how impactful this will be to the growth of Zcash.

1 Like

Luckily for us @joshs canā€™t shield a sudden increase in his NFT holdingsā€¦ Yetā€¦ :joy:

2 Likes

Keep in mind this Zero project is from the ECCs budget which comes from thier slice of the Dev fund.

They publish a transparency report quarterly. ECC Transparency Report for Q2 2021 - Electric Coin Company

So many people complain about a lack of Zcash marketing and then when ECC starts doing promotions and marketing people want to start nit picking the cost/structure of thier effortsā€¦

8 Likes

Iā€™m just glad someone is marketing Zcash. :grinning:

Good luck with the project folks! Disappointed that thereā€™s no shielded memo integration. Wouldā€™ve been great to get newcomers try out Zcash to get these. But hey, we canā€™t have everything :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Are only 200 sold? Or how do I know if Iā€™m in the top 200?

1 Like

Yep. You can pre-order it now. I guess if you could check out, then youā€™re on the first 200? Cypherpunk Zero

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I want to check if the Ethereum address I wrote is well written, but is there any way? I thought it would be on a first-come-first-served basis, I did not exactly check. So I want to check it again.

2 Likes

Not sure. Their customer service can help or join the Mighty Meta Discord. I see @Shawn @bolbo and @rosenthvl online there. :laughing:

4 Likes

More goodness to come.

Also check out the promo and micro site that intros the story/comics.

9 Likes

halo.electriccoin.co is dope :100:

Great work folks! @rosenthvl @joshs

9 Likes

Wow~~ Cypherpunk Zero are all sold out!!!

5 Likes

OMG, way quicker then I thought! Congratulations to everyone involved!

7 Likes

As a member of the Zcash community and someone that supports the dev fund such that the ECC can even get ā€œtheir slice of the pieā€, I would respectfully ask most of the community to not be so immediately defensive when questions like mine are brought up. This is all for accountability and understanding if/how this marketing campaign is cost effective. E.g. if this campaign doesnā€™t bring many (or any) new members to the Zcash ecosystem, was the time effectively spent in creating it? What can we learn from that? Additionally, how is the effectiveness of this campaign even measured? Was it created just because it sounded like a ā€œcoolā€ idea or that it would bring new awareness? I think itā€™s the right of the Zcash community members to know the answers to all of these questions, especially considering we all came along for the drama between the ECC <> ZCash Foundation and the majority of us stood up for the ECC despite even knowing much about the campaign, in the first place.

I checked out the website this morning and I have to say that it looks good and I am impressed. Iā€™m always critical of everything that I have a vested interest in, and most others should try to do the same thing.

EDIT: Slightly unrelated but is there a reason why ZECWallet Lite is not featured in the wallets section on https://halo.electriccoin.co?

10 Likes

A little background:

We are reclaiming our cypherpunk ethos. Itā€™s meaningful, timely, informative and interesting.

We are really excited to tell Zeroā€™s story over time. I think it will be a good platform for education.

I also think the whole vibe is super cool.

Weā€™re pulling in partners. Already, itsā€™ opened the doors with other ecosystem partners who want to be profiled on the site and help elevate it in their communities. That increases our reach by quite a bit. Thatā€™s a huge part of this.

Weā€™ll playing with themes and envisioning a Web3 future that we can all understand, believe in, and make happen. Weā€™re elevating Halo as a breakthrough. Weā€™re driving downloads to wallets. etc. etc.

Itā€™s a multi-channel campaign - spanning a number of mediums to tell a story. Measurement of the different tactics are different.

15 Likes
6 Likes

This! To me it feels like this might prove to be an effective way of sharing that ā€œfeelingā€ we all have for Zcash.

Also Iā€™m so glad to hear that itā€™s proving to be effective with partners too!

8 Likes

The stories we tell define us. Our story is yet to be told.

7 Likes

When did it change?! Lol just kidding, I know it didnā€™t but yeah maybe felt like it kind of slipped behind I suppose but I sure didnā€™t forget.

When can I hear the new updates?