Miner- [NiceHash] Zcash CPU/GPU for Linux and Windows

Safe to use 100% CPU?

Add support for other stratums and optimizations, also opencl… and release.

1 Like

Will this work with Ubuntu 14.04?

No, because they’re releasing Windows binaries and not the source.

Eventually. They’re still working on the Linux release.

1 Like

They may not release it afterall.

nicehash are you planning to release linux version before the launch? i need to know soon so that i can reload to windows os if you don’t plan to.

devs worked all day and are probably sleeping
give him time to rest

If they aren’t, I just want them to say that. I can port Xenoncat’s solver to their existing source and then do more optimizations on top, but if they’re going to release the source to this, I may as well not spend the effort on the first part.

he was posting for many hours all morning up until the last few, im sure hes asleep just give it to the morning
with slow start mining, it hardly is going to matter

can you just go ahead and do that mate? nicehash is too busy developing miners that will profit them most… hence linux is probably not on their priority list since there are more windows and gpu miners.
i got tons of xeons running on linux and will just point to other pools if nicehash wants to be so biased towards windows and gpus.

I’d rather not if I have a choice. If I know NH is gonna keep the source to themselves, then that’s good for me because it lowers nethash. But if they are going to release it, there’s no point doing that extra work for nothing. Either way, I need to get more optimizations on top of their shit ported quickly, so I can have it ready and test.

any reason the CUDA miner would be slower on a cheapo celeron vs i7? Getting 27 sols/s (i7 w 1070) vs 17 (with G3250).

LOL. ok mate i’ll just have to pxe back to windows and get that windows binary running then…

Why does the pool rejects workers connecting from middle east ?
300 0 Sol …

The new one is CPU + GPU Mining

So they will most likely release source code!

/ Nimos

Trying to compile and getting this error.

[ 5%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/nheqminer.dir/main.cpp.o
c++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-5/README.Bugs> for instructions.
CMakeFiles/nheqminer.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/nheqminer.dir/main.cpp.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/nheqminer.dir/main.cpp.o] Error 4
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/nheqminer.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/nheqminer.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:83: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Will the final build of nheqminer be able to set things like fan speed, core gpu clock and temp thresholds? Specifically for OpenCL on Linux.

1 Like

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean they won’t hold onto it until after launch or longer.