Mining Speculation/Strategy

12.7MH/s is probably from something like nicehash. someone has paid them to use a stack of resources and pointed it all at that 1 pool…

I can think of names for those people…
i.e if you mine mine with your own kit. if you want to speculate or buy then buy, dont stuff up miners difficulty[quote=“belgarion84, post:40, topic:22126, full:true”]

2 miners, 12 MH? Is this as simple as a million machines running with the same rig name?
[/quote]

Bitcoin Gold peeps announced today a mining pool. It’s pool.gold. They don’t have any information there yet about how to mine on their pool. If Claymore and EWBF support BTG, I will likely point my miners there and mine for a bit to see what happens.

If you want to mine BTCG, go talk to hellcatz on the luckpool gitter. He will set you straight.

BTG is a scam. What are the benefits of it? Does it chart new ground? Do you trust the developers? None, nope and nope. It’s also not a benefit to have an intentionally limited capacity coin of any kind.

To be honest, it sounds like a classic pump and dump marketing campaign. I don’t know if any major exchanges with open their customers up to that kind of harm.

1 Like

I will crash bitcoin gold with int64_t nPowTargetTimespanLegacy; +bgoldd_LDADD += (BOOST_LIBS) (B and my worm that will destroy all nodes and chain encode all wallets and rewrites chain with 0 for 100 ZEC :slight_smile:

well i trust the Bitcoin gold team more than i trust you even with all the hate around them and i will redirect a part of my hash power to their pool :smiley:

It would be good :blush:Dificulty will go down :wink:

u wont notice a single thing :smiley: planing to put there 2 or 3 GTX1060 so no big deal and no big hash rate dump

I trust 1000x more @root than any person behind BTG, in anycase:

Going to be adding a GTX 1080 to one of my rigs today. Too bad one was down due to flooding I had last weekend. Half the rig powers up, so I need to troubleshoot the power supplies. I think the power supply splitter needs to be replaced. I also see that the price dipped overnight. If this keeps up we can expect a few miners to be scared away. Let the difficulty sit where it is. I was still getting a good payout after they raised the difficulty. Adding this 21st card will boost me just a little. Want to keep going until I can get the forth rig online in a few months.

As for mining BTG, I would not touch any forks of Bitcoin with a 10 foot pole. I think the ship has sailed on mining Bitcoin. When people ask me about mining it, I compare it to mining real gold. A very unprofitable venture. BTG = Fools Gold.

Yes, but even fools gold has value for a short time until the fools realize they’ve been fooled. It’s just a money grab for me in the short term. I’m in ZCash for the long haul, but since Bitcoin Gold is getting all the hype, I might as well get some while I can.

1 Like

I hope you do well, I just think that is not a smart move.

only time will tell but dont think i go blind for the BGold i will be checking the news and wait what will happen after the fork althru iam not so sceptical about it like most of you iam still carefull. the other thing is if it go real (no scam) it could be quite popular in a short time and it could be a good opportunity to mine some of the BGold until it will be easy…and if it end up as scam i will have some of worthless Bgold tokens but from finacial aspect i wont lose any money since currently i rent a flat and i have an agreement with the owner that i wont pay any more money for electricity…i would pay it in case i would go over the tarif for the flat what i wont since i would need a 5 KW/H(calculated 4.8KW/H based on the bills) miner to exceed the prepayed limit and i doubt that the old electricity circuits in the flat would hold such huge power anyway… the only disadvantage is that i will get a little bit less zec

I think you are making a miscalculation, as a KWH is an amount of electricity, if you would have a 1000w miner running constantly, you would be using 24kwh each day.

I’m not sure if I am reading your post right, but you should definitely check your facts.

About BTG: I think mined coins will be worth very little, as there is already a huge circulating supply. And I think people are going to dump it on the market as fast as they can, but there will be very limited buyers. There might be a peek at the beginning becouse people need to get/claim their coins.

Just my thougts!

1 Like

yes you are reading it wrong
kWh = kW × hr
5kWh=5kW x 1 hour
can be written as well as 5 kW/h
but yes i didnt specified the time so you may get confused
as for the BGold (iam not calling it BTG since BTG already exist as bitgem)
as i mentioned earlier it will wait for the news shortly before and after the fork if they dont finish the replay protection i dont thing that any trating platform will add it to portfolio until this is done and checked. I dont really care if there si some Bgold already in other wallets. What interest me is how many i can mine with 1060 …iam aware of the initial pump and dump didnt see any fork coin that would be different in the first days.
Edit: I will add the slash to my prev post so nobody get confused anymore

My 9 miners burned 6600kw last month just FWI :confused: It’s a good thing to consider that they are premining BTCG…gives me something to contemplate.

1 Like

well iam curious anyway how the BGold can be premined without a working code ,equihash and other things implementation isnt finished as far as i know

Looks like Flypool has a whale on it right now. The number of miners has not really gone up, but the has rate has. Does anybody know how to check out who is doing the most hashes? The top miner function has seemingly disappeared.

I just clicked on the address of the last mined block…and found this guy: http://zcash.flypool.org/miners/t1fDUDwxfte5M4CYCFUzejVAXr2Pc31vLq8

Started around 2h ago and has a total hashrate of 76MH/s, which would be around 30% of Flypool’s total hashrate at the moment (253 MH/s)

1 Like

Ok, someone is throwing some serious resources at this. I’m hoping this person is just renting a rig and will be gone in a few hours. Really screwing with everyone’s payout.