Need help with mining

I’ve been mining quite some time with no balance. It appears to be keeping up with the blockchain just fine. Yes I have “gen=1” in the config file. I do not know what else to look at or try.

When I type getinfo this is what I get…

“version” : 1000001,
“protocolversion” : 170002,
“walletversion” : 60000,
“balance” : 0.00000000,
“blocks” : 10577,
“timeoffset” : 0,
“connections” : 8,
“proxy” : “”,
“difficulty” : 1882.72775372,
“testnet” : true,
“keypoololdest” : 1476930092,
“keypoolsize” : 102,
“paytxfee” : 0.00000000,
“relayfee” : 0.00005000,
“errors” : “This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications”

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to be ready by the Launch.

1 Like

Run getmininginfo and paste the output here (edited for correct command)

It says command not found

Sorry mistyped getmininginfo

“blocks” : 10599,
“currentblocksize” : 1000,
“currentblocktx” : 0,
“difficulty” : 1474.45619441,
“errors” : “This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications”,
“genproclimit” : -1,
“networkhashps” : 216,
“pooledtx” : 0,
“testnet” : true,
“chain” : “test”,
“generate” : true

You are mining. How long have you been mining for? Difficulty has skyrocketed and depending on your hardware you just may not be mining any blocks. Switch to the new release candidate as it has reset the testnet (see this) as the difficulty is currently much lower and there is an optimized CPU solver just set equihashsolver=tromp in your zcash.conf file. Also it’s probably better to explicity set the number of cores on your machine for genproclimit as hyperthreading can decrease performance. You should run some benchmarks to find the optimal setup.

4 to 6 hours per day for the last couple of days, I didn’t realize the difficulty would be that much of a problem being this early on. I was getting the message that I “had 0 blocks in the last 4 hours, 96 expected” thats why I was wondering so much about the mining.

Thanks for the info and help I will try your suggestions tomorrow and see if how it goes.

Hope you don’t mind but how do I switch to the new release candidate. I read somewhere about upgrading when I was installing.

Nevermind I found it on the github page.

Thanks Again