Newbie - Day 1 with new Rig

Just starting out with ZCash mining with our 8x 1070ti rig. We’ve done some overclocking using afterburner. When we startup with EWBF Miner however it checks through each device and says on the last two “1070ti not selected” we’ve switched the risers and ports enough to know its not the cards or pcie extenders. Is there a limit in the miner I’m not aware of? Or some setting I need to change?

For troubleshooting purposes I’ve included the bat file we use to start:
rem set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0 set GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100 set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1 set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 set GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 miner --server eu1-zcash.flypool.org --port 3333 --cuda_devices 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 --solver 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 --pec --user <>.rig --pass x --eexit 3 goto :restart

Kind of stuck here so any help would be appreciated

The first problem I see is in the --Solver argument, it’s an optional argument so you don’t need it.
But, if you really want to, you’ll need to use solver 0 for each of your cards. Palues can be 0-3
–solver 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Run miner -h to see what all the options are.

Also, does Windows see all 8 in device manager?

First What @Choctah asked is important, does windows see all 8 cards, if not it has nothing to do with the miner.

1. DO NOT OVERCLOCK until you have everything up and running stable

2. All of the above belongs in your Environment Variables - System Variables

3. Since you didn’t follow the instructions and do that, did you increase the virtual memory?

4. The config file is just… no!
    miner --server eu1-zcash.flypool.org --port 3333 --user <>.rig --pass x --pec --eexit 3
    goto :restart (<<–separate line!)

5. did you create a restart.bat ?

1 Like

Great suggestions here.

You should really get it working from the command line or a plain batch file to start with. Get things working and stable first. Then add in the restarting and such to a batch file. Then start working on the overclocking.

The cards will overclock really well at first when they are cold, but get more unstable as they get hot. So get the mining working. Let the cards mine for 15 minutes or so and then start working on the overclock. You can find some values on here as a good starting point. Then make small incremental changes and let them mine for a while before making additional changes.

In batch files, the command should be setx, not set. But it’s better to do them in the system variables as suggested.