NVIDIA GTX 1080 ti GPUs

is it possible to use Claymore for mining zcash with the 1080ti nvidia cards?

Why do you prefer the Furys in AMD? What do you do to tame the power draw? Very little to do in the way of bios modifications that Iā€™ve found. What is your secret?

For windows look up the EWBF miner.

@Keg.by , noā€¦ Claymore Zcash is only for Amd, Nvidia is EWBF or minegate

@Nestorius - My secret is: (looks around to make sure everyone is watching) I do not pay for power. :wink:

I have 2 EVGA 1080 TI FTW3 running in a computer with EWBF.
First running at 815 sols/s (+1000 mem and +17% power.): 53Ā°C
Second at 760 sols/s (+650 mem and 80% power): 65Ā°C
The reason why the second is hot and not overclocked at +1000 mem is that it is my main display (so used by windows).
Between 1500-1580 sols/s for just 2 CGU :slight_smile:
For comparison, my 1080 gigabyte CGU runs at 600s/s and a gtx980 at 300s/s

3 Aorus 1080 ti extreme. got around 740 sol each on EWBF

• 100 core + 400 mem power 100%
    It doesnt looks like aorus handle OCing very well.

I just got a Zotac Amp Extreme Core 1080Ti today. With 100% power it draws ~300W and gets about 780 sol/s after some additional overclocking. I have it turned down to 80% power right now though as the difficulty is high right now so it is more profitable at this setting for ~750 sol/s for ~250W. This is about on par with the performance I get out of my EVGA SC Black editions (~750 sol/s for ~240-250W). I got this card relatively cheap so thatā€™s why I bought it, but in general I am more impressed by the EVGA cards.

I thought I was the only one with the OCing problem. mine are at +60 core and +700 mem and I get around 790 sol. BUT this is when the power is at 150%. I canā€™t seem to undervolt the cards at all. With these settings I have to put the power to a min power of 130%. This may be due to my aggressive fan curve. My cooler cards where the fans donā€™t run as hot can handle the OC better than my hotter cards which have fan speeds around 95%.

with 120% seems to handle OCing a bit better for me but still kinda disappointing (780 sol), Also Its probably not very wise to keep running those cards at 150% 24/24.in summer :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea that was just to see how much my cards can pump out. I am trying different settings and trying to underclock. Right now I have them at no OC.

Carlos mi recomendaciĆ³n es que el Power Limit lo establescas en 80% y podras darle mas caƱa a las velocidades consumiendo menos energia

Keep this thread in English please (or take to a language-specific area).

2 Likes

Sorry, I did not know

Iā€™am using ā€œInno3D iChill GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3ā€ cards, they have 3 fans but seem too hot compare to other brands.
My MSI config : 70% Power, 69 temp limit, +100 core, +400 mem
There are 5 x 12v fans flow air between them.
Iā€™am planning to put them in enclosure with an 27x48cm air-filter and ventilation pip to window.

Sol/W is very good. Try +90 +200, does that make a difference?

What if your GPU displayed its Clock Rates and Temperature? The new Colorful iGame GTX1080ti & GTX1080 VulcanX can!

1 Like

Yepā€¦ had the same issue. One works like a champ, runs cool even at 133% power limit. The other would spike to temps over 92c almost immediately upon hitting the overclock settings. I took that card and put it in my open air mining rig and it works like it should now on a linux os. Not sure if it was something about the case, or power or what, but it ran REALLY hot for no good reason. It was right in the path of airflow through the case, where the other cooler one was in the bottom with the worst airflow and next to the PSU. Go figure.

Are you running the fans at 100%?

Ok, Iā€™ll try soon. However, I see many guys boost mem clock more than core?

No bro, Iā€™m using curve fan,with 69 degree, the fans running at 80%