Price Speculation

I was logged in…it died…stayed dead for a while…but its back now & apparently nothing happened.

…I really do need to find something better to do with my time.

1 Like

damn, never was so quick on an exchange, don’t do that again mate, lol

1 Like

Wow, this week is really ending in a bloodbath. Looks like there isn’t much support below either… Test of $150 incoming?

This always happens come time the electric bill is due.

2 Likes

Not looking good right now, ZEC just broke below $175. What’s even more concerning are the ratios. ZEC/ETH failed to break above 0.50 and is in danger of falling to new lows. ZEC/BTC is also at risk of breaking down and testing the December lows around the 0.02 level. If both of these ratios continue to head lower then we might be in for a test of $150, and if that breaks we could be in for a lot more pain.

With that being said, I’ve noticed some interesting points about the ZEC/USD order book on Gemini. Right now the bid ask spread is $174.17 – $174.95, but on the buy side there are orders for approximately 400 ZEC at $173, which is just below market price. On the sell side, there are sparse orders just above the market price, but in order to buy more than 14 ZEC you need to bid all the way up to $186 where there are approximately 400 ZEC for sale. This tells me that the market maker knows there is very limited liquidity on the sell side if the price suddenly reverses to the upside.

Update: When BTC dropped $100 an hour ago the sell side liquidity on the ZEC/USD pair came down to the market price.

2 Likes

ZEC was just at 147 a few weeks ago :frowning: Low price and all-time-high difficulty makes it hard to watch.

You have to look at the weekly charts, MACD completely oversold in all ZEC markets. Bull party is only in pregame mode.

1 Like

Zcash gets a mention

“The blockchain actually gives us a lot of tools to be able to identify people. I actually want them to keep using them [cryptocurrencies].’’

Hopefully this doesn’t come as a surprise to you

Bleeding again 20char

Looks pretty good though. I see the moon in 2020

Everything is on sale!

1 Like

Looks like we could see new lows this month or next, but it all depends on BTC at this point. Should BTC break below $5700 then I can almost guarantee ZEC will see $140’s. My honest expectation is $120-130 ZEC by the end of the summer. A dip below $100 is unlikely, but not impossible should the selling continue. I’ve seen some target prices for ETH around $127 USD and should that materialize then we could definitely see sub $100 ZEC. Not very encouraging, but probably accurate.

On the bright side, ZEC has shown signs of strength despite the general cryptocurrency market. We were generally looking good until the broader market went into free fall mode, so I expect that when the market finally stabilizes then ZEC should be a significant outperformer. I still hold several hundred ZEC, so these drops are painful, but as @phakov said you should look at it as ZEC being on sale and plan to accumulate slowly over years and not months.

In 2021 ZEC will make new highs, but it could go as low as $60-80 in the mean time, so make your long-term plans accordingly.

2 Likes

Rarely do I pull out my crystal ball, but I’m going to go out on a limb here. The following is for entertainment purposes only.

The current Zcash price is $165 timestamped 8/8/18 2pm.

When things look the worst, smart investors with working capital see an opportunity to buy. Further, I expect Coinbase will be adding Zcash at some point this year (I have no insider information other than the interest they have posted themselves).

These two things combined make me think that Zcash will be back around $180-190 by the weekend. Above 200 after that, and above $300 within the next two months. I expect the last 4 months of 2018 to be mixed up and downs, ending 2x-2.5x higher than the current price. That momentum will start the next pump which will see Zcash at 4x the last previous high. It might touch $3,000 - $3500 in mid 2019.

Institutions are getting involved and they will all look good to their shareholders if they got in on a moment like this. The current situation is a classic bear trap. Weak hands will sell and then a year from now that selling will be a painful memory, especially because the main market is way overdue for a crash and crypto is seen as a hedge against the larger market. That will influence the gains in 2019.

throws crystal ball in the corner

5 Likes

october’s when the magick habbins, imo

3 Likes

Why october? If this trend continues, i dont see any magic…

sappling mainnet, and coinbase addition will coincide with normal bullishness. also SEC (imo) will approve the BTC ETF on sept. 20.

going to repost this, not a humblebrag, but october is a good month for ZEC Price Speculation - #210 by kek

2 Likes

also, really like seeing our volume stick around like it has. maintained +100 million; exactly where our volume should be. good times!

2 Likes