Shielded Labs: An Independent, Non-US Organization

Congratulations to Shielded Labs!

I heard that @zooko guy has good referrals :joy::grin::heart:

8 Likes

Hey folks! There was an article about me joining Shielded Labs in Forbes. I really didn’t like it. It was negative about Zcash (incorrectly, in my opinion), and I think it misrepresented the positions of some of the Shielded Labs folks. So, I stayed up all night writing my own version. Here it is: x.com Grateful to all of you for your support. :slightly_smiling_face:

28 Likes

Congratulations, guys!

You are a great duo and a great representation of the Zcash spirit.

2 Likes
8 Likes

Bravo Zooko, Jason, Shielded Labs and ECC :ok_hand:.

6 Likes

The angels rejoice when they see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel

4 Likes

Shielded Labs is pleased to announce that Awa Sun Yin is joining its Board of Directors. @awasunyin is based in Zug, Switzerland and is the co-founder of Namada and Anoma. Namada utilizes an upgraded version of Zcash’s Sapling circuit, called the Multi-Asset Shielded Pool (MASP), and the IBC protocol to enable asset agnostic shielding for the multichain, shielded transfers, and rewards for users that protects their data. Anoma offers a distributed intent-centric operating system for decentralized applications.

Before co-founding Namada and Anoma, Awa was the first female data scientist and software engineer at Chainalysis, where she led research projects that utilized on-chain data to de-anonymize Bitcoin transactions. She later served as a research scientist at Tendermint where she contributed to the development of Cosmos. She also played an instrumental role in the Ethereum Community Fund initiative.

Awa is strongly aligned with Zcash’s values, particularly in her commitment to individual autonomy and data sovereignty. In a recent blog post, she argued that the word “privacy” is a mistake because it is often misunderstood as hiding information when it’s more about the freedom to control what we share and how much. Awa states that technologies like Zcash and Namada “…are for restoring our freedom to share our own information with whoever we want, for the purposes we care about, to add value to our lives – and the ones we love.”

Awa is a dynamic leader in the cryptocurrency industry. Her experience and alignment with our core values make her the perfect addition to the board. We look forward to the insights and contributions she will bring to Shielded Labs.

Please join us in welcoming Awa!

28 Likes

Very exciting developments happening in Shielded Labs!! :100:

Welcome @awasunyin! Looking forward to reading your thoughts on Zcash in here!!

3 Likes

Thanks all! Honored and excited to be part of Shielded Labs’ journey!

16 Likes

Can confirm, exciting and good luck!

:zebra: :shield: :hearts:

1 Like

Shielded Labs welcomes Chris Berg to its Board of Directors. Chris is a professor of economics at RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia, a leading authority on economics and public policy, and a researcher focused on various aspects of coinholder voting. He also has experience working with non-profit organizations and can help advise Shielded Labs on its fundraising strategy.

Chris is the co-founder of the RMIT Blockchain Innovation Hub, which is the world’s first dedicated blockchain research center. He has an extensive background in economics, civil liberties, and regulatory policy, with a focus on the impacts of blockchain technology on markets and governance. Chris also has a rich history in the global movement for liberty and economic freedom, and he is the author of 11 books covering issues such as free speech, privacy, libertarianism, and technology.

In addition, Chris has conducted significant research on coinholder voting. His research examines the economic implications of coinholder voting, including how it influences stakeholder alignment, incentivizes participation, and affects the distribution of power within these networks. Chris has also explored time-weighted voting, a mechanism that adjusts voting power based on the duration of a participant’s stake, which can potentially reduce the influence of short-term speculators. As coinholder voting becomes increasingly relevant in Zcash governance, his expertise will be an invaluable asset to both Shielded Labs and the community.

As a long-time supporter of Zcash, Chris recognizes its significance as a tool for safeguarding privacy and freedom. According to Chris, “Zcash is one of the most important and interesting crypto and blockchain projects - it offers a vision and a roadmap to a world where privacy is just as important to liberty as decentralization. I’m incredibly excited to contribute through Shielded Labs to its future and to the future that it will enable.”

Chris is a distinguished figure in blockchain governance and economics. His deep understanding of the economic dynamics within decentralized networks and commitment to privacy are well aligned with our mission. We are excited to welcome him to the board and look forward to the valuable perspectives he will bring to Shielded Labs.

17 Likes

Salvation is coming!! :prayer_beads: :laughing:

Welcome Chris Berg!! Looking forward to reading your takes on our Governance!!

1 Like

@zooko and I will be joining @skyl and @birdify on Free2Z Live on Monday, September 9 at 1:00pm PDT / 4:00pm EDT / 8:00pm UTC to discuss Shielded Labs. Topics will include Crosslink, the Zcash Sustainability Fund, and other organizational updates. Everyone is welcome to join and ask questions. Hope to see you there!

14 Likes

Very good. I am very happy with this initiative. I had already read about it on some website, but reading this post I see that it is much bigger and much better than I imagined.

1 Like

Welcome @awasunyin I know I’m late, it’s a must I pay my respect. It’s an honor for you to join the, shielded labs team. Zcash community is awesome, I see you made contributions to the Tendermint of the development of the Cosmos ecosystem. I’m very exciting to know that you have joined Zcash team, I’m a big cosmos investor Zcash is the only community that, I participated in beside cosmos. I would love to see the two bridge together I’m very proud to have you with us thank you.

7 Likes