Software for offline shielded transactions?

Is there any tooling for signing shielded transactions offline? Also, what’s the best way to do offline transactions in general (either t or z)? Thanks!

3 Likes

This person used createrawtranasction on a synced online node, signrawtransaction on a synced offline node then sendrawtransaction on the online node, the problem they had looks like they weren’t fully synced and perhaps that Zcashd maybe wasn’t really designed for that idk

1 Like

Thanks for the link. Looks like it’s reasonably possible with zcashd, at least for t-addresses. Is this process any different for z-addr transactions though?

Also, that thread is over 2 years old. I’m a little surprised no offline-tx specific tooling exists yet.

1 Like

The z address calls usually have a “z_” pre-appended

Yeah, but is the signing process exactly the same?

1 Like

Im not sure, it doesn’t specify permitted types (I’d try to help more but Im at work and not able at the moment)

There is somewhat recent development on this: Add RPC methods for creating shielded transactions offline · Issue #2542 · zcash/zcash · GitHub and Understand demos for PCZTs (partially-created zcash transactions) · Issue #4544 · zcash/zcash · GitHub . I encourage anyone interested in moving this along to comment on ticket #2542.

4 Likes