Some usability / adoptability suggestions

FWIW, from my point of view, total fail.

Zcash, while technically amazing, has been rolled out as just another alt-coin. I have no idea what the future holds, but for now, it’s just another alt.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda…

What would have been interesting / different / revolutionary is if your “release” had been a well-designed, cross-platform, GUI client (ala Jaxx) built on top of the Z-guts, that is easy for regular folks to comprehend and use. In that client there should have been no mention of t-addrs or z-addrs or even any “addresses” per sé (and BTW, t-addrs should be all but invisible except to the geekiest of the geeks who need them for some reason - the z-addr is the entire reason for the existence of Zcash, it should be the automatic default and no client should ever generate a t-addr except by some kind of explicit opt-in or advanced setting), all of which is like exposing the technical details of a transmission to a grandmother whose only worry when buying a new car is what color it is.

As I wrote in the OP:

You could have released a revolution. Instead you released a geeky protocol. Maybe someone builds a revolution on top of it - I can’t predict. But I do believe you guys missed a huge opportunity by not pulling your heads out of the low-level engineering and looking around at what the world needs BIG PICTURE.

1 Like