The Zeitgeist of Our Times [memes, phenomena, karma, et al]

I didn’t find any other Off Topic threads as appropriate, so I’ve created a new one.

This Topic will be for sharing peculiarities observed by Critically thinking and seeing Zcashers.

Content #1

Quite literally Few Understand

For this video’s [ Ice Spice & Nicki Minaj - Princess Diana ] +53,000 comments and 15 million views, none among the top 3,000 make any remark about the eerily similar aesthetic to Kubrick’s 2001 Space Odessey

2 Likes

There’s so much Kubrick in everything that came after him. His work is so ubiquitous that the first time I watched most of his films I found them boring AF. If I wasn’t a student of film and media I wouldn’t have given many of them a second viewing. The Shining is a prime example. Nearly every shot has been the inspiration for countless directors of horror films especially. So much so that The Shining is not even scary anymore but rather just a series of what become tropes after generations of an entire genre borrowing from it. Everything is a remix.

5 Likes

if u didnt kno the artists u wud tink its low budget music video shot in 2 different rooms and
the script goes like:
fade in
2 girls shaking on bed and walkin around
fade out
but it was prob quite expensive shoot :joy:

but for understandin part, commenters prob young who dont watch old movies like 2001
even i prob wudnt haf watched 2001 if wasnt really into movies, and Kubrick one of muh favs

2 Likes

My favorite Kubrick movie is ‘Barry Lyndon’

1 Like

Something from a conversation that turned into a collaboration between @Autotunafish, myself and Midjourney. This is as good a place for it as any?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Sighted our iconic “Z” logo on the CNBC Crypto World segment this week.

inspired by Mary Maller’s presentation at Zcon4

8hx4vn

1 Like