Zcash Education Videos

This is the heart of my question. What are some of the things the instructor will be covering?

2 Likes

I hope this provides some clarity. Great question!
1.Introduction to Zcash: Overview of the cryptocurrency, its features, and its place in the market. Comparison with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
2.Zcash Technology: Detailed explanation of the Zerocoin protocol and the zk-SNARKs zero-knowledge proof system that powers Zcash transactions. Study of the cryptographic concepts behind Zcash, including commitment schemes, zero-knowledge proofs, and elliptic curve cryptography.
3.Zcash Wallet and Mining: Setting up a Zcash wallet, understanding the mining process, and the different types of mining methods available. Study of the mining algorithms, mining hardware, and the different mining pools available for Zcash.
4.Zcash Transactions and Security: Understanding how Zcash transactions work, and how the cryptocurrency’s security features protect user privacy. Study of the different transaction types available in Zcash, such as transparent and shielded transactions. 4.Study of the security features of Zcash and how they protect user privacy.
5.Zcash Use Cases: Discussion of potential use cases for Zcash, including online payments, e-commerce, and privacy-sensitive applications. Study of the different industries that are currently using Zcash and the potential impact of Zcash on these industries.
6.Zcash and Blockchain: Examination of Zcash’s place in the broader blockchain ecosystem, including its relationship to other cryptocurrencies and its potential impact on the future of decentralized technologies. Study of the different blockchain platforms that Zcash can be integrated with and the potential impact of Zcash on the future of blockchain technology.
7.Zcash Development and Governance: Study of the Zcash development community, its development process, and the governance model of the Zcash project. Study of the different proposals and upgrades that are currently being developed for Zcash and their potential impact on the cryptocurrency.
8.Conclusion and Future of Zcash: A review of the key concepts covered in the course, and a look at what the future holds for Zcash and other privacy-focused cryptocurrencies. Study of the current trends in the Zcash market, the potential impact of regulatory changes, and the future developments in Zcash.

3 Likes

Your site sells courses, for example for Ethereum, yet you claim these new courses will be for free? I guess I feel confused on how a Zcash developer training course is free but others aren’t.

Thank you

2 Likes

This project was submitted through the Grant Program in response to RFP. We have several different options depending on the needs of a particular blockchain.

2 Likes

Appreciate your responses! Last few questions:

• Will the material stay free forever or will it eventually not be free ?
  • Can anyone use/share these videos, or will they have to be hosted through BTA?

What happens after 1 year?

Thank you

1 Like

The year applies from the date that someone enrolls until they are marked as inactive. They are welcome to re-enroll.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I like that anyone will be able to use/share the videos and that anyone can enroll for free. IMHO if done right these types of videos can further help education. One metric I would be curious of is geo-location – of the 5,000 students you want enrolled, where are the majority coming from?

Thank you and good luck.

2 Likes

Great question. BTA operates in a similar way to blockchain, in that we maintain a global presence versus a concentrated geographic footprint. Over the last couple of years, especially in this down market, we have found that developers are hesitant or don’t have the means to pay for training courses. In response, we’ve seen a number of blockchains have instituted grant programs to create such instructional courses in order to facilitate expedited growth of their project. We’re firm believers that education should be all-inclusive and available to everyone, hence, the shift to free courses offered through our portal. If there is a particular area or region that the Zcash community feels would benefit from being targeted, we can absolutely allocate some of the grant for targeting that specific demographic.

1 Like

@BTA & Zcash Community, I am happy to announce that the @ZcashGrants Committee unanimously voted to approve this Grant Proposal at the most recent meeting.

11 Likes

Dear ZCash Community,
The team at Blockchain Training Alliance are thrilled that our proposal for a grant from the ZCash Grants Committee has been approved. We are confident that this collaboration will lead to many exciting new developments and opportunities for both our teams, and we can’t wait to see what the future holds.
We would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to the ZCash Grants Committee for this incredible opportunity. We are honored to be working with such a talented and innovative team, and we look forward to a long and productive partnership.
Thank you for your support, and here’s to a bright future for BTA and ZCash!
Sincerely,
The BTA Team

3 Likes

Congratulations! We would love to have you join the Zcash Foundation Audio/Visual Club on Discord and tell us more about your hopes and dreams at the meetup next week. https://discord.gg/EsjNPnadGn

4 Likes

Thank you. I will be there. We are building the curriculum right now. I always like to ask every community that we work with this question. Do you and the team have a preferred instructor that you would like to present the course? TIA.

1 Like

Congrats on the grant! The hyperledger fabric and blockchain security instructors were really good. Do you plan on having a practical lab element to go with some of the theory?

1 Like

Hey @squirrel, we are actually in the process of putting the curriculum together. I will post it soon for review. Do you happen to have a link to share for those courses that you mentioned? I’ll reach out to those instructors. TIA.

2 Likes

Think it was these two: Blockchain Security Training: On Demand Training | Blockchain Training Alliance / Hyperledger Developer Training: On Demand Training | Blockchain Training Alliance

thanks!

2 Likes

A community member posted a question concerning language support, specifically for spanish. Do you offer translations for the materials?

2 Likes

Yes, we will have CC subtitles for Spanish.

We already have 500 students that have pre-enrolled for the course! We are set to launch on April 20. Here is the link if you would like to pre-enroll: Understanding and Developing on Zcash | Blockchain Training Alliance

5 Likes

For those of you that didn’t signup during the pre-enrollment process, the Blockchain Training Alliance Team is proud to announce that the Zcash course is now live! We’re really excited and extremely pleased with how everything came out and hope that you will be as well - Understanding and Developing on Zcash | Blockchain Training Alliance

5 Likes

just a fun comment - i like dat Kris has a beautiful wizard beard - makes him look even smarter for me

1 Like

He loved this comment!

1 Like