Zcash Flutter Wallet SDK

Hey @Dodger I have opened a new Issue in the ZcashCommunityGrants repo, I need to make a corresponding post here but I am unable to do so maybe because I am a new user. Can you help.

Link to the grant issue I opened - Grant Application - Zcash Flutter Wallet SDK · Issue #419 · ZcashCommunityGrants/zcashcommunitygrants · GitHub

1 Like

I have submitted a Zcash Community Grants application to build a production-grade, open-source Flutter wallet SDK for Zcash.

GitHub application:

The SDK will provide a stable Dart API for Android and iOS while building on the existing Zcash Swift and Android Wallet SDKs. This approach avoids creating another wallet engine and keeps synchronization, database migrations, transaction proposals, PCZT workflows, Tor support, and protocol upgrades within the maintained native SDKs.

Requested grant amount: $10,000
Startup funding: $0

The proposal covers architecture and maintainer alignment, native packaging, wallet lifecycle and synchronization, accounts and recovery, spending and shielding, PCZT support, production hardening, publication to pub.dev, and six months of maintenance.

I welcome technical feedback, integration requirements, and discussion about coordination with existing Flutter-related Zcash work.

That sounds way too low for that amount of labour, which almost always means compromises in quality, especially given it’s just a single developer promising…

ONE AND A HALF YEARS OF WORK? NEARLY TWO YEARS? Without a track record?

Do you have a portfolio?

EDIT: To be clear, this is what you’re billing:

Workstream Grant-funded compensation
Architecture, source analysis, capability matrix, threat model, and ecosystem coordination $1,000
Dart public API, Pigeon contract, plugin lifecycle, packaging, and release engineering $2,000
Swift adapter and iOS integration/testing $1,500
Kotlin adapter and Android integration/testing $1,500
Cross-platform integration tests, documentation, hardening, and remediation $2,500
Six months of maintenance, compatibility work, issue triage, and integrator support $1,500
Total $10,000

Each, each of them entailing 2-4 months of work according to your milestoning (which starts on approval, first milestone 2026-12-15, last on 2028-05-15). What.

Further, I hate to point this, but you undervaluing THIS much usually means either:

a) AGGRESSIVE lowballing, but given its over two years with no direct track record, I’m inclined to think this will likely be abandoned after a few milestones, leaving a buggy product, which for cryptography is equal to no product.

or

b) This is the first grant you’ve ever requested or project you’ve been awarded, and thus you don’t even know what to bill.

1 Like

Small mix-up with another grant proposal I was drafting related to a Zcash module for Tether’s WDK. Please check the updated issue. Thanks

I see. $10,000 is quite a reasonable amount for SDK development, and it aligns well with the work I’ve done with other teams and grants I’ve previously completed.

I’m confident I can deliver this through the final milestone. If the team sees fit, I’d also be comfortable completing the first 3–4 milestones before receiving the first payout.

@strahncryptography We have discussed this before , your posts for potential grantees can come off as overly hostile to newcomers.

I’m going to remove some of the posts in this thread and remind you that the grant committee has the role to do due diligence when evaluating grants.

The thread will remain open for discussion but please refrain from commenting further.

3 Likes

Thank you for submitting your proposal. After careful consideration by the ZCG and a period for community comments on the forum, the committee has decided not to advance this proposal.

We genuinely appreciate the work you put into your application and hope you’ll continue to participate and contribute to the Zcash community. Meeting minutes.