It’s been a minute! Also sent to the newsletter, as usual.
We just released our annual “State of the Zcash Foundation” report. Executive director Josh Cincinnati reviewed 2019 and set goals for the rest of 2020, addressing the Foundation’s strategy, execution, and finances.
Since December, vocal Zcash community members have continued defining a robust mechanism for future development funding. At this point, we’re hashing out implementation details — important ones, to be clear! News from the past week:
To catch up in depth, consult the recently expanded governance page of ZF’s website.
As ever, discussion continues on the Zcash Community Forum. Join us, your voice is welcome! Or you can lurk, that’s cool too.
Meanwhile, the Zcash Foundation’s technical team has been busy at work on…
- FROST — Flexible Round-Optimized Schnorr Threshold Signatures
- A New Network Stack For Zcash
- Composable Futures-based Batch Verification
- Generally speaking, all things Zebra
Technical publications are a lagging indicator of development progress. Watch this space, folks
Lastly, a note on Zcash Foundation grants — you can easily see them all in one place! Quick highlights:
- We funded Alfredo Garcia (oxarbitrage) to work on Zcash core development. Check out his first milestone checklist!
- The Foundation is delighted to continue supporting Zecwallet, a cornerstone of the Zcash ecosystem.
- BUIDL Labs blogged about building the Zcash Service Status Dashboard and being a ZF grantee
Okay, lastly for real this time: ECC’s most recent weekly update is a treat!
That’s all for now, farewell!