Zcash gets a mention!

Honestly, we cannot blame anyone who isn’t a Zcash expert from using whatever address is easiest for them. All of the different address types need to 100% be abstracted away eventually for normal users. The only thing people should have to worry about is “toggle on” privacy where they just select whether their txns are public or private. Anything beyond that is asking for too much from normal folks. We need to push hard for unified address adoption and simplification in as many Zcash wallets as possible. Some things can’t be solved with tech alone, we need coordination and petitioning for unified addresses with toggle on privacy everywhere.

2 Likes

I will call this one “Zcash almost gets a mention”

“In the late 2000s, we started to see the evolution of efficient techniques for building zero-knowledge proofs,” said Matthew D. Green, a cryptographer at John Hopkins University. “We got to the point where we realized, ‘Wait a second, there might actually be a way to use this in practice.”

3 Likes

AFP is a desinformation manufacturer. Medias are controlled. It is like in the movie Invasion Los Angeles…SLEEP, BUY, OBEY etc…We are in

1 Like

36:59 Balaji Srinivasan: How to Fix Government, Twitter, Science, and the FDA | Lex Fridman Podcast #331 - YouTube

1 Like

Putting this here for the record… Not gonna sign up to read the whole thing. If anybody does, please share.

1 Like
5 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Though it’s noted he does not say whether he thinks this is either good or bad…

“…I actually have to say that I do think that it is technically possible to build an untraceable currency. Zcash, for instance, fully encrypts its blockchain. And if that catches on and there is truly untraceable money of the kind that people once mistakenly thought bitcoin was, but now for real, that could change societies in ways that are really hard to predict…”

1 Like
1 Like

“…but they are far less efficient as mediums of exchange” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Spotify 37:00

1 Like
1 Like

Very nice piece…

1 Like