Zcash Media 2022-2023

This is amazing news that @ZcashGrants is open to funding this new proposal. I think even in the new form this grant will net benefit Zcash and the community.

Option A vs Option B

While considering this new proposal I’d like to point out some of the differences, as I understand them, between the two proposals. Let’s call the new proposal “Option B”

Option A ($1.8m or ~32,000ZEC@$57) - Outcomes

• Produces 12 videos
  • Produces shorts and social media content
  • Produces short deep dives into specifics of the long form videos that wouldn’t fit into long form video
  • More then doubles the number of people trained and skilled to produce Zcash Media content
  • Allows @37L to scale up and produce content fast enough to feed the hungry social/YouTube machine/algorithms
  • Creators of large channels often talk about the building a successful YouTube channel/following in years not months. This proposal is more conducive to that.

Option B ($1m or 18,000ZEC@$57) - Outcomes

• Produces 6 videos
  • Produces shorts and social media content
  • Possible production of short deep dives (time/priority permitting?)

Option A obviously produces way better outcomes. Option B saves @ZcashGrants 14,000ZEC. So all things considered if @ZcashGrants think that it’s very likely they will be able to commit to spending all ~215,000ZEC over the next year on proposals with a higher ROI then this grant then they should consider Option B. But if @ZcashGrants think they are not likely to find ~200,000ZEC worth of grants with a better ROI then over the next year then they should pick Option A.

My personal opinion has always been that @ZcashGrants is highly unlikely to find anywhere close to 200,000ZEC worth of high quality grants over the next year so it seems obvious they should fund the full 32,000ZEC ($1.8m) grant. Especially when this grant will contribute to solving the lack of high quality grant proposals.