Zcash Media Launch Plan

Hi @GGuy!

Thanks for your note on our proposal :slight_smile: We also really feel like this is a wonderful opportunity to combine the release of our videos with the NU5 upgrade. The motivation to maximize this opportunity is why we designed a ground up approach with the help of two marketing experts we’ve brought on to the team. We absolutely don’t want to be left thinking “what if” and we really want to go for it in terms of bringing Zcash education to as many people as possible!

As for Coingecko or Coinmarketcap, those are great points. At the moment, we planned to advertise the release of our videos on Coindesk, since Coindesk is more of a news outlet and we are considering some of the content in our videos newsworthy. Also, we’d like to talk to ZF and ECC when it comes to advertising on different platforms besides the ones we pointed out since the lines can get blurry about what exactly we would be advertising for on coingecko, for instance (Is it Zcash Media? Is it Zcash itself? etc.). Definitely agree it is important to have good info on those places if more people get interested in Zcash and start examining its price history, monetary policy, market cap, etc. during the next month or two.

3 Likes

I think what @dontbeevil means is that you should make your milestones based on some quantifiable impacts like:

I am in favor of approving this proposal but I would’ve preferred that you folks complete your earlier proposals first. While the previews shared has been excellent, we have not seen what kind of impacts your works can do for the Zcash community.

3 Likes

I’m sure there is a lot happening in the background but I really hope we can fast track approval of this :relaxed::crossed_fingers:.

5 Likes

Will the second (Halo/Dobbertin) Zcash documentary be delayed also due to NU5 delay?

2 Likes

~Mainnet activation, last I checked, was Apr 18 so its about 1 month delay

I am happy to announce that @ZcashGrants has unanimously voted to approve this grant subject to successful execution of the trademark agreement and ownership terms and agreements.

18 Likes

Were there any notes on how ZCG evaluated this proposal?

3 Likes

btw when are we planning to release trailers with Halo launching in mid-to-end of May.

1 Like

Hi all,

To answer the question about how the grant was evaluated, we provide a link here to the meeting we had with ZCG on 3/11. We presented our plan and received some committee feedback at the end. This obviously does not show all the committee’s deliberations that occurred outside of this meeting, but it should give some additional insight into how we interacted with ZCG about this grant proposal.

Also, to answer the question about timing: we pushed our goals for releasing things back about 2 weeks. So now we will be doing our soft launch on April 8, Zcash short doc launch on Apr 22, and Halo/Dobbertin video on Apr 29. We hope this process will be really fun for everyone in the whole Zcash community!

Thanks!

14 Likes

I was also listening to a Mr Beast the other day and he was talking about his dubbed channels. Just a thought.

How Mr. Beast Became Successful on YouTube - YouTube. Talk about dubbed channels starts at 9:40.

3 Likes

Good point @GGuy, I had brought up the dubbing opportunity for the short documentaries during a casual Twitter Spaces with David & Natasha a while back. I believe the plan, for now, is to go with subtitles for a couple of popular languages? And maybe after evaluating the viewership, dubbing work can be undertaken.

2 Likes

We were actually just talking about Mr. Beast and dubbing the other day! Maybe we watched the same video.

It might be beyond our bandwidth in the immediate future, but something we would be eager to explore if it could help grow the channel :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As Mr Beast says in the video other languages are 90% of your potential audience. But yes I can appreciate the bandwidth issues :full_moon_with_face:. Also I imagine the % of “alt coins” distributing their video content dubbed in multiple languages has to be very tiny. Would be an awesome differentiator that would probably provide a high relative return on investment.

9 Likes

Great points!!

Our team will make dubbed channels and figure out the dubbing plans ASAP.

8 Likes

This is a really clever (and entertaining) idea. Thanks for sharing it @GGuy!

2 Likes

Hi all,

We have completed our first Milestone!

We created our Zcash Media channels (links below) and started posting teasers there last Friday. Please follow and share :slight_smile: Note that some of these channels are placeholders for future efforts. So far, we’ve been posting promotional materials on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Telegram, and we have clips and other content ready to go for all the remaining days of this month. The full videos will go on YouTube and Odysee.

Telegram Announcements: Zcash Media – Telegram
Telegram Chat: Telegram: Contact @ZcashMediaChat
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwcyWsjpM0zhN-3B4qY5QGA/featured
Odysee: Zcash Media
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/zcash-media/?viewAsMember=true
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/ZcashMedia
Vimeo: Zcash Media
TikTok: TikTok
Facebook: Redirecting...
Instagram: Zcash Media 🛡️ (@zcashmedia) • Instagram photos and videos
Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/zcashmedia

Thanks for your support and stay tuned!

37L team

14 Likes

Update: I think we will be using the Zcash Community Chat Telegram: Contact @Zcash_Community as our telegram “chat” channel to consolidate Zcash chats on TG. Still have our own telegram announcement channel though.

4 Likes

Congrats on first 1000 Twitter followers! :tada:

8 Likes

Released only 4 days ago, the trailer already has 19k views!

I think that’s one of the top 10 highest viewed Zcash videos on YouTube so far (besides @NaomiBrockwell s awesome channel) :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

And that one doesn’t even mention Zcash in the video! Can’t wait for the “big ones” to drop :slight_smile:

7 Likes