Zcash Thorchain Integration Grant

I can confirm that the ZF has reached out to Erik

15 Likes

I am pleased to announce that ZOMG has voted to approve this Grant with the pledged funds from THORchain and Erik Voorhees!

ZOMG feels that this project has strong Zcash community support and has committed to cover $125,000 of this proposal which represents ~50% of the total requested funding.

With the commitment of $66k from THORchain:

and a matching amount from Erik, this project will be fully funded!

Congratulations! @aiyadt :clap::partying_face: :tada:

And a huge THANK YOU to Erik Voorhees and @thorchain-dev for supporting Zcash!! :zcash: :hearts:

Please Note: the Zcash Foundation is contacting Erik and THORchain directly to custody thier portion of this grant and will administer the funds to the recipient as the milestones are met.

25 Likes

Ah MAY zing!!!

(Opinions are my own)

10 Likes

I am popping open a bottle of Highland Park 18 I was saving for just this moment.

10 Likes

This is so cool @ZOMG!!! Time to tell all my friends :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is fantastic news! Thank You to everyone who contributed to the discussion, my team will do their best to prove the worth of this proposal to the Zcash Community.

And thanks to @ZOMG, @Shawn & ZF to take make extra efforts to see through the proposal and to connect with @thorchain-dev & Erik V. This co-funding now makes sure that every party that will benefit from this integration has pitched in.

And big thanks to @thorchain-dev team. Looking forward to resume our work and bring Zero Knowledge Proofs backed money to Thorchain! :tada:

Time to get started @vamsi & team!

18 Likes

Shouldnā€™t ZOMG be contributing 1/3 instead of 1/2. As Erik & thorchain arecontributing 2/3rd of funding?

1 Like

THORchain committed to fund $66k which is not 1/3 of the $258k requested amount.

ZOMG felt the $66k/ea commitment from outside supporters was generous and decided to fund 50% of the proposal to meet the total goal.

15 Likes

I am fond of the initiative the foundation took here. This kind of developer commitment to interoperability, which is arguably going to solve all the issues with cross-chain autonomy, is why the Zcash community still exists.

Moving forward, I hope to see some good insight into the conditions of the Z Address being used in the Thorchain RUNEā€™s of which i do not understand yet, and wont until I can send from a Z-Address to a Thor DEX.

3 Likes

You will be able to send to Thorchain from a z-address. They wonā€™t use a z-address to receive and wonā€™t, at least initially, support sending to z-addresses. The only part Iā€™m unsure about in the above statements is if theyā€™ll allow sending to z-addresses, yet I believe aiyadt wanted to only send to t-addresses and have them shield on their end. Iā€™ll try to pull up the exact quote when Iā€™m not on my phone and at least wanted to say my first sentence.

4 Likes

If its a DEX without KYC I am neutral on using the exchange. My crypto is proverbially under my mattress and if i have to register to use a Thor DEX this would be a fatal policy if i had to expose my holdings for any reason whatsoever.

1 Like

I think Thorchain team estimated 66k based on 200k.

Yes :slight_smile: not saying we should change anything now. Wanted to get clarity.

I thought the funding amount was 200k, my bad!

4 Likes

All that matters to me is that I can shield my private wealth after withdrawing zcash from thorchain. Once I send money to thorchain I assume all activity is public to enable swaps with all these transparent chains.

6 Likes

There is no KYC built into the protocol and the swaps themselves would be public. Under the currently discussed system, youā€™d have to shield your funds yourself, but you could of course.

9 Likes

Is this part of your THORchain work @aiyadt ?

1 Like

It very well is.

4 Likes

Nice, I figured it was, thanks for the follow up :+1:

3 Likes