Zcash world-wide adoption via individual miners by zip code

We can not copy what Dash or Monero have done, Prog POW or Staking is not a solution to worldwide adoption by the masses.

In Zcash mining, regular working people or individuals like myself, who does not have so much money to invest but may have enough money to purchase 1 Innosilicon A9 Zmaster or a couple of Bitmain Z9 mini, mining equally divided around the world can ensure adoption and participation worldwide.

We can not copy what Dash or Monero have done, Prog POW or Staking is not a solution to worldwide adoption by the masses.

We need 1 Pool owned and governed by Zcash but miners must be equally devided by zipcode and by individuals.
There must be no CoinGeek or Bitmain or Innosilicon or Bitcoin.com who sells off Zcash dropping prices every Thursday so they can pay employees.
The pools and big capitalists miners are the ones manipulating the prices and causing all the scary vollatilty.

I do think however that ASIC miners should be used to be cost effective and profitable for individual miners. Like the Innosilicon A9 for example is the equivalent of 50, 1080 TI with only 620 watts.
We really don’t need to waste electricity.

Pls let me know what you think of a 1 pool owned and governed by Zcash but only allows individual miners that shares equally divided total hashpower by zipcode.

LOL dude, as long as Zcash is mined by ASICS you cannot stop it.

Interesting idea, how would you prevent large cities like New York or Shanghai from having a huge margin of the Pools hashpower vs more rural areas like Nevada having very few shares?

How would you prevent any other pool from mining on the network? Zcash is open source and anyone can mine.

The large margin in big cities does not mean it is one person that owns all of them. If the miners are in different zipcodes all over the world it means that it’s not ran by a rich person or a group of rich people who did all the setup in one building, powerful enough to move or aquire a land somewhere where there is cheap electricity and with that, the power to manipulate the market.

There must be some sort of control to give equal distribution of mining services only to ordinary people who can do it in their homes and prevent big corporations to participate.

Why isn’t ProgPOW or POS a given solution? Why should be current asic mining be the only solution?
I can’t think of a single reason why current Asic mining for a given few that still can afford it is the better mass solution option than ProgPow or POS for example?!?

In Zcash mining, regular working people or individuals like myself, who does not have so much money to invest but may have enough money to purchase 1 Innosilicon A9 Zmaster or a couple of Bitmain Z9 mini, mining equally divided around the world can ensure adoption and participation worldwide.

This makes no sense either right now and today:
1.) If you have money to invest in several Z9 minis you as well have the finances to either buy a GPU or buy the currency and stake it.
2.) If you have the money to invest in several Z9 and instantly pay daily for most of the profit for electricity, or even sponsor it as it’s not rentable in a given country, than you have enough financal resources that could be used to directly buy the currency and stake.
3.) Where is the deal right now that your hardware never will ROI at current prices and difficulty? Means actually you never really will get something back other than maybe your investment into hardware and get even. Which i doubt when we add electricity prices you pay and rising difficulty and add them to the ROI calculation. An elementary calculation right now and today clearly shows that the best deal would be buying currency, excluding only if your electricity costs are below 5-6 cents.
4.) Mining around the world sounds good, but the game for most people in a given region and country allready stoped. How do you think the german guy with 33 cents per kw/h is going to mine? Or the guy in Jamaica with 45 cents per kw/h? Endless list with electricity prices above 10 cents…

We need 1 Pool owned and governed by Zcash but miners must be equally devided by zipcode and by individuals.

Interesting uncommon idea. The problem are severals in my opinion:
1.) With 1 pool governed by Zcash it would mean a huge centralization level.
2.) Not an expert on code but i guess it would need a code change and/or going zcash from open source to closed private source. Another centralization factor. I could be wrong here in terms what is needed to garantee that only 1 pool can be used.
3.) Access, stale and rejected shares. When you have only 1 pool worldwide it would favour the miners nearest to the pool and penalize the others that are more far away from the pool. While the internet is fast today it’s not real time and same time all over the world. The submitted shares from someone 10k miles away from the mining pool will more often stale and be rejected than someone living just 10 miles away from the mining pool, hence many miners use a mining pool that is at least on the same continent if possible.
4.) How to enforce this? The enforcement alone would need a very high level of centralization and human input/overlooking in my opinion.
5.) Where to put the border? Is 1x Z9 mini ok or are 10x Z9 mini ok, or maybe 20x? Or 50x? Or if you divide the shares by zip code than a honest miner with let’s say 1x Z9 mini would be penalized if another such miner next door to him has 2000x Z9 minis as they are in the same ZIP code, not?
6.) Only 1 mining pool controled by Zcash would put us next to Ripple’s XRP approach, not? If you have only 1 mining pool why have one at all? Putting up a POS design with some zcash controlled nodes would have about the same effect …

There must be no CoinGeek or Bitmain or Innosilicon or Bitcoin.com who sells off Zcash dropping prices every Thursday so they can pay employees.

Again several problems i personally see here even you are right by common sense.

• How does this fit to a free market?
  • What someone does with his mining reward should be indeed in his own discretion as he likes to do. IF you don’t like sell offs than indeed a POS staking project fits better. There you have an incentive NOT to sell but getting rewards daily/monthly/weekly for holding them.

The pools and big capitalists miners are the ones manipulating the prices and causing all the scary vollatilty.

While i agree to some extent with this conclusion than again, are these the only causes? Because i can think about some more that hurt us right now and daily:

• With POW mining in generally you actually do nothing good in my opinion. You use your money to pay for hardware, in FIAT, money that’s lost in crypto. Than you pay daily for electricity, mostly more than your mining reward, again in FIAT, again lost money for crypto. Let’s say it simple, for every 1$ you mine in crypto you pay 1.5$ or more in FIAT money, enough you can mine at all. Where’s the deal?
  • Billions are wasted on an arms race in FIAT, just think about what level we would be IF all this money was used directly in the projects by buying given currrencies? Same for electricity of course. I’am by now a hardcore believer that everybody buying hardware for mining and paying electricity daily is driving out money from crypto and hurting crypto. It’s like the trojan horse…

I do think however that ASIC miners should be used to be cost effective and profitable for individual miners. Like the Innosilicon A9 for example is the equivalent of 50, 1080 TI with only 620 watts. We really don’t need to waste electricity.

You waste electricity either way, the question is only how much. While on first view your calculation is true and applies eventually right now you further can’t compare it to any gpu as none gpu is on the network. You have to adjust the comparision to the hardware that is now on the network and will come. Additonally adding rising difficulty.
But than again, we waste electricity as it’s not electricity used for the solving anything but only used for finding a block. An absolute unnecessary race on who to find a block bevor someone else does. The important part of solving the mathemtical process is mostly in the 1-2% at most power needed range. Could be less or more of course, but mostly somewhere there. The rest just wasted energy paid in FIAT.
Or just simple. no matter what hardware you use, the more you get on the network, the more energy is wasted, easy and simple as that.

Pls let me know what you think of a 1 pool owned and governed by Zcash but only allows individual miners that shares equally divided total hashpower by zipcode.

It’s an interesting thought you have, but i have my concerns as you see as it works out. A way better solution if you really have the individual miner in mind is CPU mining. That’s the only POW i would agree by now, enough there would be prevention from bot nets able to mine. Everything else related to POW is a death horse in 95% of the countries and regions worldwide. All we watch right now is the agony on realizing it …

There must be some sort of control to give equal distribution of mining services only to ordinary people who can do it in their homes and prevent big corporations to participate.

As said, only i can think about related to mining would be mining by CPU with some design that prevents bot nets being able to be used. That’s the only good fair distributed mining variant for ordinary people which can be done in their homes and preventing big corporatons to particapte, affordable, no really power consuming, with a fair possible distribution world wide and accessable to nearly everybody. Including the decentralization factor on all levels of course.
The next step would be of course mining on cell phone.

I have GPUs and I mine Monero. The rig has a lot of parts, heat management, lots of work to do, trouble shooting. High electric bill.
This type of mining is not for the average mind. Most people hate doing this type of mining.

ASIC is easy plug and play and designed to perform well cost effective. Low electric bill.
We just need to prevent the rich capitalist to buy most of them and use them. There must be equal distribution of asic mining.
Let’s say one zipcode pays high electric cost “then give them more blocks” to compensate for it.
Engineering, planning and programming can achieve all of that.

POS?
A newcomer will not buy coins to stake, it’s too complicated, there is scary volatility that will discourage them to buy any coin.

ASIC mining is easy for a newcomer, YouTube will teach them how to do that. If they can setup a bluetooth to work, they can do that.

I have some fundamental problems with your argumentation. I’am myself is an asic miner, better was, as i shut down my 100 asics last week as it doesn’t make any more sense to mine. Writing this just so you see i’am well familar with asics & gpu’s.

You see that asics is an easy plug and play? I agree it’s more easy than a gpu to setup, but how easy is it all over? Take your asic, give it to your mom and let me know how long it takes for her to setup the asic without your help. Have in mind that you need the mining pool setup as well. I bet she will never make it …

That’s not plug n play mate. Not even talking about heat, noice, routers, networks, cooling, whatever…
The nearest we have currently to plug n play is just POS. Buy coins, transfer them to your wallet and let the rest due the nodes, supernodes, masternodes ot whatever the given design has to secure the network…

About volatility, that’s not an argument when you consider mining as well. The volatility doesn’t occur only for POS coins, actually they seem to have often less.

As said, POW mining is a death horse allready dieing in agony for the higher electricity countries/regions… If you are lucky being settles in one with arond 5 cents, good for you, you can make profit of course, for the rest … game over!

The difficulty and unprofitabilty of mining is caused by the big capitalists owning and mining all the blocks for themselves because they have all the mining rigs or asics plus cheap electricity in the mountains of Tibet, they can do all of that machinery and mobility because they can afford it and they are allowed to do that.