Zcashd v5.1.0 wallet.cpp:4422 ... Assertion 'uResutlHeight = rewindHeight' failed

Mines getting close! Similarly mine crashed around 1.7ish M but the terminal had vanished this Wayland now on 22 I suppose maybe. So a normal restart and picked up where it left off, now almost 98%.

Ah-Ha!

Iā€™m having a very similar error v5.2.0. Iā€™m running on arch linux, with:
(

experimentalfeatures=1
txindex=1
insightexplorer=1

)

Iā€™m not aware of the lightwalletd config option, it doesnā€™t show up when I run zcash -help.

When I reindex, it finishes the reindex, and then starts redownloading the chain from the beginning. When I sync most of the chain, shut down, and attempt to reboot without reindexing, I get the assertion failure, and it hangs until I kill -9 it.

The line number has changed, but I suspect itā€™s the same error.

wallet/wallet.cpp:4717: int CWallet::ScanForWalletTransactions(CBlockIndex *, bool, bool): Assertion `uResultHeight == rewindHeight' failed.

LightwalletD is a separate program, The conf slso requires the RPC password and username fields

The example conf mdroid posted about contains that flag, which is why I mentioned it:

experimentalfeatures=1
lightwalletd=1
txindex=1
insightexplorer=1

I do have the rpc password/username fields in my conf, I just didnā€™t paste them here, theyā€™re next to a bunch of commented out regtest parameter stuff and I didnā€™t think theyā€™d effect sync/wallet operations.

Notably, I donā€™t get this error on testnet (or regtest), and Iā€™ve been able to connect a lightwalletd to it fine on non-mainnet chains.

1 Like

The current Master branch (to my understanding) contains fixes to zcashd that may be actionable here if youā€™re still on the original 5.2.0 release.

1 Like

Great, Iā€™ll give latest a try and see if it fixes it!

2 Likes

Any luck ?

1 Like

Not exactly! Latest master fails to build for me, an error @dannasessha found a couple months ago. I hadnā€™t tried to build anything more recent than 5.2.0, so I managed to avoid hitting this before now.

1 Like

@AloeareV the 5.3.0 release is available Releases Ā· zcash/zcash Ā· GitHub

1 Like