Zecwallet Code, Maintenance and Infra

@Matthewdgreen — I agree, but think there’s a misunderstanding here and I just want to make sure we don’t solidify the misunderstanding.

ZOMG’s intent was to approve funding immediately for Zecwallet, at whatever level made sense, while we asked the applicant questions about two interconnected proposals that each have a lot of moving parts.

Just to get a sense of this, just 4 bullets in this proposal have the same related issues as an entire other proposal.

Our meetings are short, we want to give responses fast, and questions were coming up, so we needed more time to discuss, but wanted to ensure ongoing work was funded.

2 months seemed like more than enough time to sort out any questions and arrive at a longer term proposal, so I proposed 2 months, we decided on that, and we asked our questions.

I think Aditya read this as us rejecting the proposal or not wanting to support his work with long-term grants, but I’m not sure how this happened, since Sarah explicitly said we did want to make sure projects like Zecwallet were funded long-term.

2 Likes