ZIP Proposal - 8-15% Opt-in or 4-7.5% Mandatory Dev Free |75% Zcash Foundation 25% ECC|

That is Sonya (certainly MVP in this regard.) she has amazing levels of forum interaction.

However today I hope to have a nice format and template worked out with sonya, which we can then pass to @daira and Im sorry I cant remember the foundation member who also deals with zips it for feedback. (@sonya please chase me up on this I am really bad at self management)

Then when we have that, I am 100% sure proposals can be fine tuned by the community (ie, me, you, chilibob and other active members) so the feedback actually means something and the poster can put their idea forward in a way that can be judged.

regarding not getting feedback on zips.(I am only mentioning this because I get mentioned a lot in these examples) Nathan @ a person and me asking if our proposals were suitably similar, I responded @ the original zip proposer. I even PM’d them to see if we could work something out. I got zero feedback from that person. So what happens to that ZIP now?

Zooko is pretty amazing in this respect, I notice he hearts a lot of my posts he disagrees with. I initially thought he was doing it ironically. Now I genuinely believe he is hearting them to encourage debate and to show he is keeping an eye on it, and an open mind. even though he has other stuff to do. His input has made my zips better because I have a much better idea of the downstream impact. something I had not considered up until now. (I tend to focus on details and miss the big picture at times)

They can only answer so many posts. It is unfortunate from the way the way forums are structured. Normally the information get posted to one or two people, then it is up to those people to inform other people of what this new info is. This does work while the forum is low volume. Another mechanism might be needed in the future.

The placeholder “zip” caused a lot of kneejerk reactions. I have to admit I initially felt it might have been a deal done behind closed doors. I had a long conversation with Box about this, and I think the upshot was he had more strength to actually come out and say it.

Like him I was over tired and over emotional and reacting in an out of character way.

I get your frustration Nathan. I am very glad you made that post expressing yourself, it certainly helps remind us all that we are human.

Despite how it reads I honestly don’t think box thinks the ECC is acting in bad faith, he is just presenting the most uncharitable position. Which, to be frank, other people will already be thinking. so him saying it and giving the issue a chance to be addressed is a good thing. - he may have over stepped the line, I don’t know, that is not my call. but if he did, I think it is more likely to be a translation issue than malintent.

All this being said. I do not want to derail further. just putting my 2p in because I got mentioned a few times.

1 Like