ZOMG Open Call for Candidates 2021

To be clear, the community is looking for candidates with a certain set of qualifications, correct? Are the requirements posted somewhere? We’d be better off freezing the funds than just filling the seats.

8 Likes

I feel like the election will be canceled and funds halted until a plan is developed.

not enough candidates to choose from and we shouldn’t just choose the only people that apply.

How are we gonna do a Q&A when we don’t have any candidates to talk to?

4 Likes
7 Likes

Welcome @aiyadt ! I have added your candidacy post to the top of this thread and added you to the ZOMG-candidate group.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Welcome @Autotunafish ! I have added your candidate post to the top of this thread and added you to the ZOMG-candidate group.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Welcome @BrunchTime ! I have added your candidate post to the top of this thread and added you to the ZOMG-candidate group.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Welcome @hanh ! I have added your candidate post to the top of this thread and added you to the ZOMG-candidate group.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Community call: Preparing for ZOMG Elections:

2 Likes

Welcome @aquietinvestor ! I have added your candidate post to the top of this thread and added you to the ZOMG-candidate group.

Good luck!

3 Likes

@lawzec has withdrawn thier candidacy for ZOMG :

I’ll close the thread and withdraw you from the candidates group.

1 Like

@tm3k has withdrawn thier candidacy.

I will update your link from the top post and remove you from the candidates group.

Welcome @wobbzz ! I have added your candidate post to the top of this thread and added you to the ZOMG-candidate group.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Welcome @Souptacular ! I have added your candidate post to the top of this thread and added you to the ZOMG-candidate group.

Good luck!

6 Likes

:warning:Reminder! Tomorrow September 15th is the deadline to announce your candidacy for ZOMG!

:hourglass:

1 Like

Welcome @copernicus the final candidate to run for a spot on ZOMG!

I have added a link to your thread in the top post of this thread and added you to the ZOMG-Candidate group.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Please Note: As stated in the OP of this thread, September 15 was the deadline to announce a candidacy for ZOMG.

No further candidates will be accepted for this year’s election.

[ Edit, see below post ]

4 Likes

Please Note!

ZOMG Elections have been officially postponed for 90 days:

3 Likes

hopefully the call for candidates is reopened/ reevaluated during this time. This group holds a great deal of power in shaping the future of zcash and if the zomg’s role or purpose changes, being tied to 8 choices that applied under different terms would be tough to get behind.

8 Likes

I would appreciate these being reopened, which may be a requirement based on how candidates respond to the reorganization and requirements. The deadline was supposed to enable a proper amount of time between candidacy and action. With every event requiring a firm list of candidates being delayed, there seems no reason for them to remain closed, other to keep the list down to those who were sure they wanted to from when the original announcement was made. That may be valuable to some degree though…

7 Likes

Thanks for the update!

I think many would appreciate if the (self-)nomination window was reopened as well. For example, I am contemplating running for ZOMG if that’s still possible.

18 Likes