A Grand Compromise/Synthesis ZIP Proposal

I like the idea because it does not take coins out of circulation. In another thread it was mentioned that the “trusted third party” system could be gamed. and Im still not sure if 1-1,2-2,1-2,2-3,57-96 etc is best. Could a portion of the funds (lets face it, yes we want things to happen in a timely manner, but stuff does happen.) be kept for the work done and given to the team.

So using my previous example:
3% adoption rate can be achieved within 2 months of actual deadline. The company/foundation should have the option to self fund and get all the funds. (which is why I saw an issue with the “no other revenue streams” - but your point makes sense on that)

If this is not realistic say only 50% adoption has happened, then 50% of the funds are held for when the condition is met and 50% of the funds goes to a grant to fund the rest of the development of feature x - the offending party is incentivised to do this and help the process because they will get a reward much greater than the assistance they will need to give, the new team is incentivised because of the reward. more people will learn the skills needed.

This is just spit balling now. I am trying to take my mind off the work I am supposed to be doing but am not doing.

no funds are taken out of circulation is the key thing for me.

3 Likes