Alphaday is a powerful crypto workflow aggregator that pulls in news, on-chain data, social media, web3 services and much more into one customizable UI

Greetings all,

Alphaday builds crypto experience dashboards for enthusiasts, developers, and projects. Users can drag and drop from hundreds of services, news and social feeds, charts, and dapp functionality to create their daily workflows inside a single dashboard. This eliminates the need to have multiple browser tabs open to get different bits of information. Ie. imagine having token prices, gas prices, twitter feed, latest news headlines, forum discussions, and any other information any user could possibly want all within one single dashboard.

You can find link to the Beta version of our product live at: https://alphaday.com/

Please take a look at our official grant application in the link below:

We would appreciate your feedback.

5 Likes

Hello @Alphaday Thank you for submitting your grant proposal! The 2023 ZCG committee election is in progress and this proposal will be reviewed by the new committee in the following weeks.

In the meantime, if you have any questions for the grants committee, you can post them to this thread or DM us at @ZcashGrants.

Thank you.

2 Likes

FWIW I’d vote yes (not a ZCG member). @Alphaday I’d love to see the dashboard also integrate with the grants process. Is this possible? Here’s what I’m thinking…

@ZcashGrants can advise you if there is an integration point on the https://zcashcommunitygrants.org/ website. There should also be a grants post on the Zcash cash forum that links to the grant. Consolidate the info into a view.

Edit: to be clear I’d want to see…

1. Proposal details from ZCG site
  2. Original post on Zcash forum
  3. Any attachments (sourced from both grants site and forum)
  4. Replies to the Zcash forum post
1 Like

Hi @GGuy yep we could certainly do such an integration! There are a few ways we could approach this:

a. We could have a Zcash community board that includes one or two widgets dedicated to Zcash grants data and displays a list of the latest proposals
b. We could deploy two seperate boards, one focused on the Zcash community&ecosystem, and a second board that covers only Zcash grant activity. Users can switch between the two boards through the boards tab on the top bar (you can see this currently populated by boards like NFT | Trading | Beginner | Arbitrum on app.alphaday.com)

4 Likes

@Alphaday, @deniz-alphaday, & Zcash Community, I am happy to announce that the @ZcashGrants Committee has unanimously voted to approve this grant proposal at the most recent meeting, with the note that they would like to make sure the integration point into the ZCG website is included in the scope of work.

7 Likes

Great! Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to build this board.

We already have some really cool ideas for ZCG-specific widgets we would like to deploy and we will add these to the existing list of 12 widgets we would like to deploy as part of the Zcash board.

8 Likes

Hi everyone, our board is ready and we’d like your feedback on it. Are there any layout changes you’d like or any amendments to the data itself?

The board is in private mode here:

https://app.alphaday.com/b/e7267b7268d4da17bcc146cf9efb05d4

Once we’re happy to release it we can change the URL to app.alphaday.com/b/zcash

3 Likes

looks real nice mostly iwo - good job
/halving countdown time is wrong- its will happen end of 2024

But will need more info a bit. I guess others know better what shud be included.
Wud like to see added:

• each new Zcashd version liek 5.4.0 and when it was released (latest only)

• under price graph maybe circulating coin amount and/or more info from here: https://z.cash/upgrade/

• Zcash team members shud only include Zcash Foundation people - either include Electric Coin Company people or add them in separate box maybe?

• Calendar is cool - think it shud be much higher in top row?

• Podcast box shud include ZecHub podcasts

and Zcash podcast from here:

will let others to add moar

3 Likes

Cool. This could be very useful but needs quite a bit more. There’s something missing in most of the widgets. It’s interesting, to me, to see a Zcash dashboard that is this sparse. It makes for an interesting sample, or a visualization, of what a person might find when they first ask themselves, “What is Zcash?”

The Grants Blog can go in with the others in the Blog widget which should also include https://electriccoin.co/blog and https://zfnd.org/news. ECC (https://electriccoin.co) is missing from the Links widget, too.

I’m sure @joshs and his team have some ideas for News and some of the other widgets.

How can we add to the calendar which currently only pulls from https://electriccoin.co/events. Are there any other online community calendars that we can add? How can someone create a calendar in a way that it can be included in the dashboard?

Hmmmm … I actually have a much bigger question about who runs this thing once it’s live. How do we add links to the links widget, a Twitter profile, videos, etc?

5 Likes

Hi Ryan, thanks for the feedback!

In the interest of taking up as little time as possible from teams themselves, first we build these boards to a minimum viable level internally, and then we share it with teams to point out the gaps in our coverage, and then we fill in those gaps so that eventually we end up with a board that shows the full picture for any given project.

Regarding your question about who runs this thing once its live and how to add links to the various widgets; most of the process is automated (ie. as soon as the Zcash Community Grants Blog publishes an article it’ll automatically show up on the Alphaday board) but we also have a content analyst who does daily quality checks on the data to ensure it all looks ok and to also look for gaps in coverage to fill out (ie. doing a daily google search for Zcash and adding news items from news sources not in our current coverage list).

This person (Paris) is also your contact person for your board and all your requests to add links, update twitter profiles, videos etc etc can be sent to him and he’ll make the requested changes. Let us know what communication channel you’d prefer to use with Paris (a. through this forum b. through a dedicated telegram group or discord channel on your or alphaday’s server c. email).

And regarding the last few questions:

Are there any other online community calendars that we can add?
We cover a wide range of online community calendars but if there are Zcash specific ones let us know and we’ll add this to our coverage.

How can someone create a calendar in a way that it can be included in the dashboard?
If they create a google calendar item or even just fill out a simple google sheet Paris can capture these.

Btw, apart from the blog contents you suggested and which we’re currently adding, are there any other sources of Zcash info not currently covered in the Alphaday board that you’d like us to add?

5 Likes

Hi everyone, hope you’re all good.

If you guys agree we’d like to move forward and make the board public. Current link is below and we’ll change it to app.alphaday.com/b/zcash

https://app.alphaday.com/b/e7267b7268d4da17bcc146cf9efb05d4

Let us know if there are any other amendments you’d like us to do to the board before releasing it.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I’m not 100% sure how the filter system is meant to work. Is the blogs section filterable between the grants and Zcash foundation blogs? Default filter just seem to be Zcash and ECC.

Also for the forum can each of the items be tagged (and filterable) by category in the forum?

ECC twitter account doesn’t appear to be in the twitter list. I think it should.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Because the board is currently in private mode its read-only. Once the board is live users will be able to remove or add the Zcash Foundation or ElectrocCoin blogs as they wish. From the menu icon on the right side they’ll also be able to add more blogs to the Zcash blog feed.

1. We can’t filter by category right now but we’ve forwarded this request to our dev team and they’re looking into how easy/hard it would be to implement it.

2. Thanks, we just added this to the twitter list. If there are any more accounts you think we should add just let us know. This is our current coverage list:

2 Likes

Twitter account coverage list:

zcashmedia
DocumentingZEC
ZcashCommGrants
zcash
ZcashFoundation
mineZcash
ElectricCoinCo

2 Likes

Please add ZFAVClub to that Twitter list as well.

And, some other global accounts:
zcashesp
RuZcash
zcashbrazil
ZcashNigeria

2 Likes

thanks for the list, we’ve added these accounts to the board.

If there are no other changes from your side, would you be ok with us going ahead and publishing the board? The url would basically go from the current private one to app dot alphaday dot com /b/zcash.

2 Likes

Would love for ZecHub as well!

3 Likes

imo this still needs some tuning. I’m looking specifically at the Zcash Key Team Members, Zcash Videos, Zcash AMAs and Zcash Important Links. Also, the Zcash Community Grants Blog widget is redundant and can be removed since those posts are also in the blog widget.

@Alphaday can we organize a call to discuss some of these issues and get exposure the dashboard and your team?

3 Likes

Hello @ryan.taylor ,

Sure, we’d be happy to schedule a call to discuss.

Our time-zone is UTC +3, Monday to Friday, 10AM - 7PM.

Please feel free to suggest any time within those parameters to schedule the call.

My email is mike@alphaday.com.

Best Regards,
Mike

1 Like

The best time would be during a ZF A/V Club workshop. We have those in the club Discord server every Tuesday at 17h UTC. We are also having general club meetings every Wednesday at the same time. Hmmm … This is after your working hours, though.

Let me know if making that happpen in the next couple of weeks is not at all possible and I’ll make a special event that fits in the last hour of your work day.

Here’s a link to the ZFAV Discord server for you to join us in the meantime: Zcash Foundation Audio/Visual Club

Thank you! Looking forward to chatting with you :smile:

2 Likes