An anonymous transaction:How does the sender prove that he sent the anonymous transaction? - authentication issues for anonymous transmissions

That file contains all of your transactions that you’ve made with that particular file among other things and doesn’t require modification usually from the outside unless it’s corrupted

Wallet.dat

If the transaction in question occurred on a different wallet that had a different wallet.dat folder than there is no record of it in any other except on the receive end as a receive transaction

What opens this inside thing?I opened it through notepad, the contents of which I could not understand.

Is there a functional description for each folder of Zcash Wallet to facilitate the promotion and problem solving efficiency of Zcash.

Instead of turning on Wallat. The operations of Dat files. Is there an easier way to do this. Or does the Tech Company have any plans to upgrade it.

The wallet uses wallet.dat. you should not open it from the outside as aforementioned
https://zcash.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

You can use Zecwallet light which uses a seed phrase for recovering wallets, makes it easier
your transaction history from previous wallets is not transferred to it nor can you import existing keys and histories (so don’t assume that you can recover it there after switched wallet)

Think of zcash like cash, if you don’t keep the receipt (which would exist in the wallet.dat file where you could recover it potentially) then there’s no way to recover proof of your involvement with the Z2Z transaction, you’ll have to resort to other means

I suppose it has all been under the assumption that you made this transaction with another wallet however if it was with this very same wallet and wallet.dat file then you should be able to get the tx info with this

This didn’t work with Sapling (only Sprout) and it doesn’t look like anything has changed.

2 Likes

Other way:
If the Z_address you have used didn’t served for other Txs (for your privacy), you can export the Viewing key of this Z_address.
So Mr. Long can import this Viewing key to access all infos (From & Amount …) about the Tx with the TxId.
https://zcash-rpc.github.io/z_exportviewingkey.html
https://zcash-rpc.github.io/z_importviewingkey.html

I’ll like to see Zecwallet support for view keys, as well as block explorers.

2 Likes

yes please!!! +1

4 Likes

To whom will you prove you made the transaction?

In addition to saving .dat files as described in other posts, please save debug.log, which may indicate that you made the transfer.

2 Likes

In ZecWallet, click on ‘transactions’ and then screenshot any z2z transaction, which shows details like tx id, receivers address, and amount sent.

This doesn’t prove anything though as you could obviously manipulate a screenshot and point to any shielded tx on an explorer. It might clear up honest misunderstandings but we clearly need payment disclosure which we had for Sprout but have since lost in Sapling. This “selective disclosure” has long been touted as one of Zcash’s primary benefits (including by me) but isn’t actually available for use in practice.

2 Likes

Aren’t honest misunderstandings the only thing that can be corrected? If the receiver is fraudulent or lying, I’m not sure even an irrefutable proof like payment disclosure will get the ZEC returned.

The plaintiff or prosecution would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt as they carry the burden of proof so its not so cut and dry, some or any proof that a transaction probably happened is better than no proof that a transaction did not happen

Viewing Key prove everything, no possible debate