Bittrex delisting zec, monero and dash. any ideas?

The question now is are the federal/international regulators going to go after the NYDFS approval of Zcash? I believe federal enforcement takes precedence over state laws. That is the fear I have right now. Regulators are going after securities and privacy coins. Do we know why Bittrex delisted Zcash? Is it because of fears of enforcement? That is pretty rich since I see that the SEC is investigating Tether.

Dash and Zcash got lumped into the privacy coin label and now they don’t even investigate whether it is true or not.

Hello guys! As we understood yesterday, the presence of T-addresses is not a guarantee that any exchange will not exclude Zcash without explanation.

I strongly ask everyone to participate in the reverse process. Let’s just declare our wishes to the people on whom the addition of Z - addresses depends.

I’m starting - https://twitter.com/RuZcash/status/1345300825304870915?s=20

2 Likes

We have 3 sponsored teams! Let’s ask their plans first, maybe there was already a conversation about this and a refusal was received from the leading exchanges? If not, why not do it officially with the involvement of lawyers who are also in the team to get clarity on the point of view of the exchanges?
ECC ZF ZOMG! What has been done on this issue in 2020? Are there any plans for January 2021? The declared mission for 2020 and 2021 includes the development of z exchanges, and in 2021 they said that a real struggle for confidentiality would unfold, perhaps it was already worth starting?
Again, I would like to hear the official position of ZF and ECC on the situation with Bittrex, what measures will be taken to stop delisting or refund after? What preliminary work is being carried out to prevent the network effect of delisting from other exchanges and exchanges, because for several months this is not the first and not the second case, so I see this as a trend. Who is interested in this information, support not with likes, but with posts, so let’s see what kind of community we have.

4 Likes

I trust the ECC and the Foundation are doing their best.

From the ECC, @Dodger has been meeting with regulators and speaking on the matter while @joshs has been working on that as well. Peter Van Valkenburgh from the Foundation is also the Research Director at Coin Center whose mission is “to build a better understanding of these technologies and to promote a regulatory climate that preserves the freedom to innovate using permissionless blockchain technologies”. He has been promoting cryptocurrencies and right to privacy for years. Also, from the Foundation side, @amber has also been speaking to regulators.

So I am confident we have the right people on our team.

5 Likes

Does what? What you wrote and was done as you can see is not enough, either sit and wait for everything that has been done to work, or act. Do you think that nothing new needs to be done and everything is fine? I don’t think so, all conversations will not give any guarantee (see zcash), will delisting from other leading exchanges personally be normal for you, or can you be sure that this will not happen (see Bittrex)? I also talked about the active introduction of z addresses and it was from this beginning that, as we can see, the business is progressing extremely slowly, such a plan or there are difficulties, that’s what I want to know. This is an attempt to get an answer from people who are responsible for their work, and not forum members.
Ideally, I personally would like to receive a response from the teams like: We spoke with the exchanges (list), they are not yet ready to implement z addresses because (reason). We are working on solving these problems and by (date) are ready to provide detailed information to the community. For dealing with delisting, approximately the following answer would suit everyone: the reason for delisting remains a secret, but there is a possibility (or no possibility) to return to the exchange after solving a number of issues. This cannot be done by non-profit organizations that repeat at every corner that the community decides what will happen to the project?

3 Likes

I don’t think taddr’s are misconception in the way you mention. There maybe a small set of people who think taddr’s make the shielded pool weaker ( I can think of one prominent and more prominently wrong researcher). But most people don’t know about the shielded pool or think about anonymity sets.

When you see that taddrs exist in a privacy coin, it raises two questions:

1. could I accidentally use them and not have privacy
  2. is zcash really private or are they just paying lip service to privacy.

Those are the misconceptions that taddrs create. And given things like Suggestion: Do not fetch the memo by default · Issue #166 · zcash/zcash-android-wallet · GitHub and the failure to do The wallet should support t->z and z->t but drop t->t · Issue #167 · zcash/zcash-android-wallet · GitHub, they are less clearly misconceptions than we should be comfortable with.

That’s great for me so now there’s a low point to buy all of them.

New delisting:

2 Likes

If i remember right privacy coins have been banned last week in france too.

1 Like

Abra uses Bittrex. They were forced to make this announcement.

1 Like

What actions will be taken by ECC if delisting from other leading sites continues? What is being done now to protect zcash and its users?

Taken from cryptocompare news today

• US May Soon Start Cracking Down On Privacy-centric Cryptocurrencies
  • The U.S. Secret Service has, for example, urged Congress to create ways to limit the use of cryptocurrencies meant to protect the privacy of users.
  • A top official of the US Secret Service has noticed this and urged the Congress to formulate measures to curb the use of privacy-focused coins and coin mixers in the country.
  • In a testimony given by Novy, he made it clear to the higher authorities that it was becoming increasingly difficult for them to fight financial crimes committed using two particular altcoins. He said:
    "Congress for help in preventing cryptocurrencies like Monero and zcash, which provide users with enhanced privacy and anonymity features…

Things don’t look good in europe too. I guess the next countries to ban/delist privacy coins are France, Netherlands, South Korea, Australia, Belgium, …

Just out of curiousity, has there been any communication btw. the ECC and european regulators until now?

1 Like

The news story you are linking to here is from June 2018

This though is relevant, December 2020

To me, and I cant read french, it sounds like hyperbole due to the current political climate in france regarding terrorism - it feels like the author of the article has nothing to actually say.

if the payments were untraceable how do they know these were used to fund terrorism. (they used bitcoin.)

lol, they used bloody btc. Didnt China do a coin taint thing? it will just drive more people away and into privacy coins.

DASH contacted their compliance team promptly after the story came out. Dash focuses in on payments and does not consider itself a “privacy coin” but yes it has a privacy option. they continue to be listed.

Dash’s transaction rules are identical
to Bitcoin, and therefore for regulatory
and compliance purposes Dash can
and should be treated identically to
Bitcoin.