BSOD on claymore miner

yeah its tiring trying to constantly fix an issue and not get anywhere
i dont know. could be a corrupt driver or something in your windows

do you have another copy of windows you can install from ? or download another copy from somwhere like TPB?
and re-download your driver version?

and your obviousluy installing the windows 10 64 bit amd drivers.;ā€¦ hmm

and your not allowing windows to update the drivers?
its not an autoupdate as it happens every time you install itā€¦

maybe the risers? i saw anorak saying that he had other risers that failed to do the job, maybe he got faulty ones

maybe
i read through this and it sounds similar to your problem

http://www.vsksoft.com/answers/May-2016/26/How-to-fix-atikmdag-sys-error/

though i would not buy a fix from them if that is what they are selling

I would try to install a different copy of windows 10 from a different source first
and download new copies of the drivers

if that doesnt fix it then im not sure wtf i would do

also, are you running the video to your monitors, from mobo or from one of the cards? read somewhere someone that he had a lot of problems when using the DVI from his mobo, when someone sugested to switch to the video from the cards it solved

1 Like

I use HDMI from the card from 16x slot 1 but it is using a 1-16x usb riser like all the rest

install a copy of linux, and see if it hangs, if it does its not windows problem its hardware

2 Likes

well i can get you risers like i got anorak if you want.
going to test out some new ones I just ordered yesterday/today
so Ill have 4 different ver 006 from 2 factories

• one like i use , same as anorak
  • one like that one with an extra diode or something for some sort of voltage control
  • another one different factory - blue one
    and another one like that blue one but with 6 pin instead of molex power

but if your having that much problems with the failing file, i dont know if that will fix it to be honest

i think anorak fixed the issue at first by adjusting the bios though, after i suggested changes to make, i think the extra risers he got from me ended up just beings ones that he used to hook up GPUs he didnt have risers for, though you would have to ask him , i forget

yes that is a good idea
test out with ubuntu 16.04 and amdgpu-pro 16.30
someone else could not get 7 to work with 16.40, so I uploaded him 16.30 and magically all 7 gpus worked
i can get you the link too

oh yeah! you have your primary display adapter set to PCIE right? (its called something else on that board like PGsomething or PEG or something)

just dont use onboard as primary adapater!
forgot about that lol

infact probably dont even install your ingel vga drivers, i dont

im falling asleep here so im off

this is not fault of claymore - one of your cards or ram is failing

Im running same Mobo, with bios 1.40. If your bios is the very first one then they have fixed a lot of GPU incompatibility issues since that first bios.
I can run 6 cards in Ubuntu, but donā€™t much care for that distro and was unsure how well Debian was supported so went with win 10 pro for 34.00 and sheer simplicity. I went through hell too, so cant put my finger on which change was the best for me other than the older drivers, they are bullet proof, the newest were awful.

When I was to the point the MoBo was not seeing gpuā€™s I used DDU to uninstall the drivers, manually uninstalled the devices in device manager, reset bios to default and even popped the cmos battery out of the board for a minute or two. the Mobo posted and screen blinked 6 times and viola. Sometimes it seems the gpu is better recognized when connected to monitor but have had luck both ways.
The 16.6.1 and 16.6.2 drivers were the oldest ones I could get to work well so I stopped there. You might take off from that point and check each newer driver till you find one that works for you.

Its frustrating, but hang in there, these are decent miners, getting between 1200 and 1260 h/s with 6 stock rx 480ā€™s according to claymore 8.0, and have seen others getting good hashrate from 470ā€™s as well.

ETA: Ethminer was not so touchy, but not so quick and easy either, Kings is right, the problems are hardware related.

from the limited knowledge and experience that i have, i believe that if your cards are being recognized, then installing the cards in particular orders or reinstalling windows wonā€™t help, coz they r already working fine. It could have been a driver issue, but it seems that u have tried pretty much all the tested versions. I have mostly experienced bsods mostly due to undervolting, but from what it seems, either the issue is with your ram or powersupply, rest evrything seems to be in place, and do make sure that you have set the virtual memory to 16gb+. I

Finally can post again! thanks for all the replies guys I tried everything you guys said except install linux because I want to use claymore unfortunately its been another day with little to no progress.

Cryptomined if you have extras thatā€™ll be great! and Iā€™m not sure what you mean by set your primary display adapter to pci-e on the BIOS it has the option to change PEG0 PEG1 and PEG2 to gen 1/2/3.

Mr. X I tried your solution changing the BIOS version to 1.4 and I was ecstatic when I was able to run 5 cards right after the BIOS update, but when I tried to add the 6th card it screwed up everything again and now Iā€™m not even able to run 5 cards anymore just 4 againā€¦ This is so frustrating shoulda just left it at 5 cardsā€¦

Have you checked your PC logs to see it might point you in right direction,you can use win 7 also with 6 GPU hack which is a software fix and available with a google search

Do you mean check the event viewer? Good looking out Iā€™ll try Windows 7 with that 6 gpu fix tomorrow

Try windows 10, excellent for mining I found

He is having problems and has been using win 10 mixmaster thatā€™s why I suggested win 7

Ohhhhhhh, I didnā€™t see thatā€¦ My bad

Yes minerman event viewer might point you in right direction as should tell you the error codes which you can then google for info