BSOD on claymore miner

so I got it work with 5 cards again by plugging in 6 GPUS since one of them is always not working whatever It’s the best I can do for now I’ll figure it out tomorrow

Try different cards/risers to eliminate which is bad

thats good to hear :slight_smile:
im not sure why minerman is having problems with his so much, maybe its just bad risers… but who knows… maybe the board just doesnt like it and its a lemon

@minerman, It may be the registry keys set with setx command . Claymore state in his readme file
to add these
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
I had troubles with an set up with low RAM 2GB on mainboard. the miner was running only once.At the second run I had message Zecminer64 stopped running. Only when I was reinstalled windows start to run well. But again on restarting the miner , crash.
So i figured out that may be from the registry.

I used regedit to find them. I delete them , Then removed from the start.bat . No more problems.
Good Luck.

The CPU is too puny?

Hey man I am no longer using those parameters I was using them in the past can you tell me how to find them on the registry and delete them? I have reformatted but I guess it doesn’t remove it then?

Hi Cryptomined,

Love your YouTube videos. I visited your store, do those M.2 adapter cards to PCIe slots work for mining? What has been your experience?

Thank you.

As you format the drive , or/and reinstalled windows, the registry entries are gone.
anyway to find them : use right click start → run ->regedit ->in the menu → find GPU_MAX .
Once you find it , on the same page delete all entries you find there starting with GPU .

i have not tried the m.2 cards yet, i was thinking about trying one on the msi gaming 5 but after seeing the 1-3 risers wont add any GPUs i have not tried yet.

I am guessing they are best for boards with 6 or fewer PCIE of which i only have one board thats mining with 6 slots and an m.2, but i have my 295x2 on that board so I wont be adding any others to it, and dont want to spend a day moving things around…

I’ll consider trying one out on the z97 gaming 5 when I have some extra time, which might not be for a week or something though as I have a lot of things I need to do already, like review some more omnero stuff, review ledger nano s, show off physical coins, and things around the house and some other stuff i have to do in personal life

and I need to take some time one or 2 days to take more photos of things and update the store itself…

so once I get everyone out of the way that Im already planning to do, ill probably try the m.2 on the msi, but again, im not hopeful it will get 8 to work as I think 7 might be some kinda max in win 10.

Hi, thank you so much for your reply. You are one of the few worthwhile resources on YouTube and in the forums when it comes to mining. I think most people mean well, but their info is dated or not quite right.

I was thinking the same thing as you were: a “:V8” using the MSI Z97 Gaming 5. User “LBR” mentioned that he had seen Windows rigs with 8 GPUs working and I’ve been trying to think through how that might work.

Also, I am working on an Amazon eBook. I’ve attached the current draft. It’s how to build a mining rig, and I cite to your videos. It’s about hardware, design, costs, software, video troubleshooting, mining configuration files, bios flashing, replacing thermal compound.

Any interest in publishing this under both of our names? Probably won’t take in much money. I think I’ve made $2 from my first eBook, but with this one, people might send tips. I price these cheap: $0.99 and let Amazon keep 60% or whatever because I want people to not think twice about buying.

If you see obvious errors, I would appreciate your feedback. I’ve spent days reading through old forum chains about how to get multiple GPUs recognized under Win 7/8/8.1. I think I have at least come up with a logical progression of steps to take. If you get to that section and have suggestions, I would welcome them. The issue with 6xGPU is that most of what it originally changed doesn’t show up in the latest .inf AMD Crimson drivers. So if the problematic displayport settings are still there, they are now under different labels.

On the Ledger Nano S - the online documentation sucks balls. Right now, after following their shitty and incomplete “Knowledgebase” I am missing all my Ether tokens after what I think was a corrupt “firmwares” upgrade under Win7 using an Asus P6T mobo. Anyways, they are responsive and looking into the problem and they promise to improve their documentation. I’ve got a section on the Ledger Nano S in the eBook. Great device, but frustrating as hell when trying to find complete instructions for how to do something on the device. Trezor has become much better in that regard, but it doesn’t support all the alternative coin wallets, at least not my version.

Happy to try the .M2. How long to ship to Brooklyn if I place an order on the store?

~ Nestor

1 Like

Here is the draft eBook. Working on hardware and more photos today. Would like to get this up on Amazon by Sunday.

~ Nestor

I am a nano s user and suggest you go through update firmware process again (u can update bios with same version) and choose option to restore with 24 word seed and re instal wallets then your balance should return,was in same situation as u and was confused as I have 2 different seeds from my initial first use of nano s (not sure why) but after using first seed I lost all my ether,I had picked option for 12 word seed restore and used my 12 word seed and wallets were empty it’s quite a shock lol but going through firmware update again gives you options to restore again and this time use 24 word seed and you should be good,hope this helps

Sorry cryptomined message was for nestorius

can anyone tell me why its working with 5 when I plug in 6 GPUs but not when I remove one (5 total) it doesn’t work or one GPU will stall

You can send me a PM and I can check your book out :slight_smile:

I uploaded some videos on the Ledger Nano S. One “unboxing and Initial Setup” video and one "OS & “Firmware Update” Video. Hopefully I can start to supplement their online guides with videos :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

I just received my first MSI Gaming Rig 5 yesterday and spend the last 20 hours rebuilding my home rig. It’s better in every way that the ASRock H81. I’ve got five cards (x R9 Furys, 3 RX480s) working rock solid on dwarfpool mining Zcash. I tried for hours to get the 6th card to work and I can come close but it doesn’t stick. I get to the poin there the driver is installed, everything looks good in Device Manager (no question marks, no codes). I re-copy signed versions of atikmdag.sys, and the other two key AMD system files back over into Win/Sys32/Drivers using a shortcut on my desktop. I run CCleaner to make sure that Registry is looking good. But each time I reboot, the sixth card comes up with a question mark.

I’m using Crimson 16.11.5 which does a good job in getting Windows 8.1 to see the card, but I can’t get the driver to hold past one reboot. The other five cards are fine and have been mining away at about 1100 H/s, 180 for the RX 480s, 280 for the R 9 Furys.

I’ve gone into the motherboard bios, switched back and forth between Gen1/Gen2, extended the latency, everything else I can think of.

Counting from the CPU side, I’ve got slots 1-5 filled and solid. The sixth riser (and I’ve switched risers, cables, RX 480s, etc.) I’ve swapped back and forth between slot 6 and 7 and can’t get it to stay put past one reboot.

I have to completely rewrite that section of my ebook.

What have I overlooked? 8.1 Pro, I’ve used bcdedit to turn testsigning on, DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS, and so on.

I manually applied the 6xGPU mods to the .inf file for 16.11.15. I used DSEO 1.3b to sign the three key ATI system32/drivers/ files and I copy them back to that directory after every successful or failed installation.

Great board, I even light the red lighting! But what am I missing?

Thank you,

~ Nestor

Maybe you can answer this for me because I haven’t gotten to this step yet. I’ve updated my Ledger Nano S firmware to 1.2, updated the OSU, and I added support for some of the other coins.

What application or Chrome Extension is out there for Zcash? How does it integrate with the Ledger apps? It’s easy to use the Ledger with the Chrome apps for Eth or BTC, but not sure where to go for the Zcash app.

I’ll check your videos out.

Also, I’m stumped by a 6th card issue. Sent you another email about that. Great board, go it yesterday redid everything, have 5 cards running solidly, but can’t get the driver onto the sixth card.

Any wisdom to share on that point?

I’ve attached the draft ebook to this email. If it is not coming through, let me know. I have to re-do the entire part of multiple cards under 8.1.

~ Nestor

Sure, you just use the “Ledger Wallet Bitcoin”.

Please Watch my “OS and Firmware” video and you will see :slight_smile:

You use the “Ledger Wallet Bitcoin” for all other coins excluding ETH and ETC. You use it for Litecoin, ZCash, Dogecoin and Dash.

I think many people are confused on how to use ZCash with the Ledger because there is no specific “Ledger Wallet ZCash” and they do not realize there is also no “Ledger Wallet Litecoin” or “Ledger Wallet Dash” or “Ledger Wallet Dogecoin”… this confuses many people. I just tried it with the bitcoin wallet and it worked, so thats how I figured it out :sunglasses:

For your GPU problem, I do not know because i never tried with Windows 8.1
There is however a thread on Bitcointalk in the altcoin mining subforum about getting 7 GPUs to work (I think in windows 7 and 8, but im not sure, i need to read through the thread in more detail again)

Holy crap that is a monumental Pile of Sh*t of work to make things happen. For myself, I realized a combo of the Crimson driver software and the Trixx utility “remembering” settings was a huge obstacle to success. What a PIA! Thanks to those on this forum who are aware of solutions and helpful. We would be lost without them.

I am using the MSI z97 Gaming 5 and have been half blaming the mobo for so many potential problems, and furiously double checking PSU connections and wall wattage. So many potential factors and it comes down to AMD’s own shitty software.

what driver are you using?
i like 16.10.3, have you tried the 16.11.# drivers? did it like using 7 GPU’s also? does it work with Trixx?
it is a real PIA when something is not working… checking power connections, checking risers, checking OS config, checking MB config… playing with different drivers… that is one thing I never look forward to - a problem

16.11.5 constantly evolving/revolving GPU issues where some GPUs show up in GPUz as 0mhz clocks and only 40 s/s in Claymore and the screen blinks on and off. Unplug the culprit and the drivers find another victim. I cannot trace down any issues. I have a stockpile of risers and have molex direct connections for everything. Switched risers, checked connections, reinstalled drivers, screamed and kicked and called it quits, and finally @AnorakSupra mentions the Trixx reset. Trixx remembers all configurations and then as soon as a BIOS is flashed, BOOM, everything acts up. Dumped the Trixx and reinstalled drivers. Everything golden!

1 Like