Cant't connect to pool

Hi,

I am new to Zcash mining. I am trying to mine it on my servers which uses docker. I have signed up for a pool, made a worker and are trying to mine trough it. I have followed this tutorial: https://minezcash.com/zcash-mining-pool/ .

When entering ./src/zcashd -daemon -stratum=poolstratum -user=username.worker -password=yourpass -debug –printtoconsole and substituting the information for mine I get the following: Error: There is no RPC client functionality in zcashd. Use the zcash-cli utility instead.

And when I change to the following: ./src/zcash-cli -daemon -stratum=poolstratum -user=username.worker -password=yourpass -debug –printtoconsole it returns the following: error: couldn’t connect to server.

How should I proceed? Is there anything in the config that i need to change?

if going down the cpu route, recommend to use one of the nheqminer derivatives with xenoncat support.
verify that your cpu supports avx extension:

$ if [ `grep -c avx /proc/cpuinfo` > 0 ]; then echo Supported; fi

use GitHub - sarath-hotspot/nheqminer: Equihash miner for NiceHash

I think the problem is with you -starturm= argument. In the instructions, it is telling you to lookup the poolstartum of the pool you are connecting to, you took the instructions literally. The stratum is the address that you can ping or connect to on whatever port. For example the pool zec.supernova.cc’s stratum is:

-stratum=stratum+tcp://zec.suprnova.cc:2142