Cherry-picking Tor onion v3 and other overlay networks from Bitcoin

Thanks for clarifying your ask. No, not by the zcg.

35% of the dev fee goes to Bootstrap to develop and maintain software.( zcashd and operations)
25% goes to ZF (Zebra client and operations)
40% goes to independent parties that bolster ecosystem growth. (the ZCG)

60% of the budget goes to teams that build the products you are saying lack a feature. The remaining 40% shouldn’t also. It should support ecosystem growth, for example through mentorship, coaching, technical resources and/or, creating entrepreneurial opportunities.

In recent past a grant application for multisig wallets in zcasd was rejected in because the ecc was already working on frost. Shielded Multisig (for Halo)

If this is a feature that you think adds value, reach out to the engineering teams at ZF and ECC (via the biweekly Arborist calls or Discord Zcash R&D channel) for their feedback and guidance.

The tor project has themselves submitted for and received a grant for zcg. They have recently reapplied with no mention of adding any functionality to zcashd. I would encourage you to follow up with this grant proposal or submit a pr to the respective dev repo of the client you use.

The zcg grant projects and statuses can be found here: Zcash Community Grants Dashboard - Google Sheets

edit for additional context: i like and use tor. For a some time i maintained docker images for this purpose explicitly (Docker Hub) I may restart this at somepoint, lack of nodes became a problem, and seemingly is worse now. Zcash’s lack of escrow has hindered its adoption on tor services more than addressing imho. I would love it if zcash kept up to date and i hope it gets on the roadmap.

1 Like