Claymore ZCash Miner Imminent

20 sol/s for a computer pulling a total of 60W, GTFO.

i dont think thats impossible. My i7 6800k is giving 38 sols mining at 5 cores and using about 100w .

But the price is a different story. the CPU costs about 400 euro and mb + quadchannel mem another 400.

I get 17Sol/s on my i7 3630QM

Great news. Could you like to the forum page he(claymore)announced it?

doesn’t sound like its anything better than we already have, that is kind of disapointing…

its a bit better, but also i like it, my nvidia farm doesnt get crushed that hard this way :smiley:

But…but…it’s from CLAYMORE…surely you want to pay his 2% dev fee for 5 hs/s more right? (j/k)

1 Like

bit better than the silentarmy miner?
that miner is pretty rock solid

im talking about the hashrate

also its windows, latest silentarmy is linux only for now

who cares about windows … only people who are too lazy to install free stable and secure linux LOL… why do people want to use an OS with backdoors out the ying yang

what is his expected hashrate for 470 and 480?

1 Like

well many people care about windows, my time is precious and backdoors in a miningrig are of no relevance for me

3x more people have been working on Zcash GPU miners for 2x longer than the 2 people working on CPU miners, and I can’t confirm that the RX480 or 7950 is a better buy at this point than CPUs. Ya’ll are assuming GPU’s will advance from 50 Sol/s faster than CPUs.

The other developer was saying 120 Sol/s for the GTX1070 ($400 in similar price comparison basis) for a 150 W GPU (1050 Watts for 6x system, 720 Sol/s). So that would be a little cheaper than CPUs at 1/2.5 the electricity.

The 7950 appears to be $75 ebay (for direct price comparison to desktops, i.e. you’ve previously said it was lower in which case desktops would be lower with similar bargain hunting skills) and uses 225 Watts. You previously posted 25 Sol/s for this, so I’m not sure jumping to 100 Sol/s is possible (again, this reasoning assumes a more efficient CPU miner will not come along also).

A detailed article says it’s gross wattage is 150 W per card in an optimized system which means 900 Watt system giving 300 Sol/s. So 900 Watts for 300 sol/s is same as current CPU miner.

Initial price-wise for 6 of these giving 300 Sol/s, I see GPU miners claim a system of $200 cards would cost $1700 because 900 W power supply is not cheap plus overhead hardware. This is slightly less than $7 per Sol/s for CPU in comparable pricing. That’s slightly less expensive my CPU options. This assumes he can get 50 Sol/s on the RX480.

1 Like

You are pulling more numbers out of your ass, I can’t be bothered to read your post.

You helped make the challenge so I had to do the work to dig up the numbers.

My point in all this is to try to show developers they can make Zcash a very different coin, in accordance with their stated objectives. There is such a strong belief that GPU’s are better at mining, that it’s a hard belief to go against. I posted back in July it looked like GPUs would not be able to do better than being 2x more expensive in electricity. This was based on looking at about 10 papers showing a long history of not being able to get GPU’s to be as efficient as CPUs at sorting. The GPU development speed almost caused me to start selling my desktops, then tromp and xenoncat changed things. BTW the desktops have not dropped in price in 6 months because Moore’s law has stopped. (I estimated 2015 was the limit for moore’s law back in 1992 based landauer and bennett’s work which is based on the speed of light and the entropy (heat) released from changing the state of 1 bit. Assuming a synchronous clock, constant voltage, and non-quantum. The limit is not based on the minimal size of traces.)

You need to realize that your numbers will change tomorrow, next week, next month.

Honestly this entire ZEC can end up crashing completely and nobody will be mining it.

With GPUs you can mine ETH at least. If power consumption is a big issue in your area then you shouldn’t be mining in the first place because eventually Profit = Energy Consumed and only those with free or cheap power will survive

1 Like

Right, it’s all fun and games like panning for gold.

Do you work at a computer store or own some internet cafe since you have so many processors?

No, it’s on a Lowe’s rack, behind my couch, on 2 power cords. I bought the desktops off ebay.

What mobo/cpu combo are you using?

Whatever the cheapest desktop is on ebay with a AVX1 CPU (launched in 2011 or 2012), with a bias towards low power machines.