🦸‍♀️ Cypherpunk Zero NFT Megathread

Thanks for this napkin math! I was a bit unsure about what a basic cost estimate is for minting one NFT, at 0075 Ethereum thats going to probably somewhere between $15-20 depending on Ethereum’s value at the time of mint.

Can you give a TLDR about what “minting” means in this context? Where will the received NFT go, where can it be custodied afterward? How can a participant assert how many NFTs they want to mint (assuming fewer than 7200 whitelisted participants)? I’m thinking about buying 0.035 ethereum so that I can potentially mint more than 1 NFT if given the chance

2 Likes

Personally I think it’s in a market makers best interests for community members to mint some of the NFTs. If nobody in the community claimed to have minted one it would likely devalue the entire collection. So I’m not too worried about a sybil attack.

4 Likes

:loudspeaker: Today is the day folks!
Less than 12 hours until you can submit your ETH address with a shielded memo :wink:

3 Likes

Hello !
What do you mean by:

A clean, unused Metamask wallet loaded with enough ETH 

Can’t I use my usual hardware wallet ETH address where i have already 900 tx? I guess it is only for safety reason but I am asking.

2 Likes

Hi, where can I get the the zcash address to send the memo of ETH address to mint NFT?

2 Likes

It’ll be published in around 3 hours on ECC Twitter page.

@rosenthvl @joshs you should change the tx fee to 0.00001 per memo in the instruction. It’s missing 1 zero and could confuse users. This typo is also present in ECC Twitter thread.

8 Likes

Does the clean ETH wallet need to be funded prior to the whitelisting period? Or can it be funded during the minting period?

1 Like

@covfefe The Ethereum wallet can be funded during the minting period.

3 Likes

@bloxster using a clean, unused Ethereum address for NFT minting is always best practice, although you are ultimately free to decide for yourself.

4 Likes

Is the time 9:00am to publish the zec address ?

2 Likes

@tokidoki Corrections being issued now. Good catch!

Prior tweets erroneously reflected an incorrect fee amount for sending a Zcash encrypted memo.

Kindly note the correct fee to send a memo is 0.00001 $ZEC (originally, we omitted an extra zero by mistake :innocent:)

2 Likes

give a link?

1 Like

@yaanhyy please refer to the main forum post above. Clarity will also be provided in the forthcoming announcement on ECC’s official Twitter (@ElectricCoinCo).

2 Likes

Thank you for organizing this!!

3 Likes
6 Likes

FYI: Multiple users are reporting issues with Zecwallet Lite (Desktop) in connecting to servers and recording outgoing transactions (perhaps not broadcasting). Myself included.

Would recommend steering users toward Nighthawk or Unstoppable, no issues thus far.

https://twitter.com/TrendsXBT/status/1525147573841010688

5 Likes

pretty sure this is due to the increased demand. would be interested to know what kind of problems getting exposed with this experiment.

Thanks to @cypherpunkZero, we might see the first time Zcash public infra being tested.

6 Likes

Based on personal experience using Zecwallet to participate in this, I wasn’t sure if my transaction went through so I sent another one with a different wallet. Now I hope the filtering process is forgiving, not flagging duplicate as spam. :grimacing:

5 Likes

@tokidoki shouldn’t be a problem.

3 Likes

Also had issues with zecwallet lite. Used freshly compiled zcashd 5.0 + zecwallet fullnode to send a separate tx just in case.

6 Likes