🦸‍♀️ Cypherpunk Zero NFT Megathread

Looks like this NFT whitelisting was a stress test for Zcash wallets. I had Zecwallet Lite already installed on my phone and played around a bit before submitting my ETH address, I find out that memo wasn’t working as intended by sending a transaction to a friend. So I installed also Nighthawk and it worked fine.

After these trials I took the opportunity to onboard some friends, asking them to install Nighthawk and sending them a tiny fraction of ZEC. They loved the simplicity and the fact that you could send any memo without exposing your wallet.

PS: I will open an issue in ZecWallet Lite Github to make them aware of this issue (I see they have another issue open regarding Memo overflow)

5 Likes

Ser, do you mean that when we are sending memo, the receiver do not know who we (the sending person) are?

Ser, do you mean that when we are sending memo, the receiver do not know who we (the sending person) are?

That’s the purpose of Zcash so I guess it’s ok!

I mean that memo doesn’t appear correctly or doesn’t appear at all in the receiving wallet.

How can I find the owner of this Cypherpunk?
I’m interested in buying it instead of going thru the minting process and getting one that may not be as appealing in appearance!

@noamchom looks like this particular NFT is held by ECC in the Cypherpunk Reserve. Unfortunately, it’s not for sale :wink:

I encourage you to participate in the public release. What you currently see on Opensea is a very small percentage (4%) of the overall collection. There are many more cool trait combinations that will get surfaced during the minting period.

5 Likes

Is there a way to know if I registered correctly?

A reserve? do you have a TLDR about what, and why there are reserves that aren’t for sale? I was under the impression that all of the first 400 were NFTs that got distributed to the buyers (1:1) of the Vinyl Mighty Jaxx Cypherpunk Zero doll

ECC bought some of the MJ drops for giveaway.

2 Likes

@alurosu please DM me with your ETH address and I can confirm.

1 Like

I did sent a memo of 2 different eth addresses because I thoguht I was supposed to get a return memo on the first one and figured I messed up… am I screwed lol?.. @rosenthvl

Two question here.

1. Does this address from Metamask or any web3 wallet like argent or rabinbow.
  2. Can i submit my already active address or it should be new address ?

How´s going now, any update @rosenthvl

1 Like

I am using Zecwallet, I sent a transaction 2 hour ago with a memo and it was not visible in the wallet. I did another one with the same memo and its still not visible.
Now two question as i am totally new to zcash-

1. how can i check if my transaction went through.
  2. is it possible for team to, maybe, public the accepted address so that we can check it there. Imagine missing the mint after sending two transaction or even worse, and there are chances, considered as spam.

Any suggestion ?

2 Likes

@heyWhatsUp please DM me with your Ethereum address and I can check for you. Currently, we do not have plans to publish the entire list due to privacy concerns of some participants.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! A quick update—

As of 20th May, 2022 at 11am PT / 2pm ET, we have received 1498 unique submissions before grooming. At current levels, each participant will have the opportunity to mint up to 5 unique NFTs.

In addition to the aforementioned submissions, we have also received ~800 failed submissions containing blank memos. Presumably the blank memos are due to issues with ZECWallet. If you suspect you may have been affected, please try re-submitting your Ethereum address using Nighthawk or Edge Wallet.

My DMs are open should you have questions or concerns. Have a lovely weekend :slight_smile:

9 Likes

how can i find out if my memo was successfully received?

If the transaction was successful then whatever memo it held should be viewable by the recipient.
You can cross-check the txid with an explorer and see whether it got mined (which is probable).

2 Likes

I sent a transaction with Zecwallet that was mined but the memo was not included, looks like there was a bug for low value transactions.

Best bet is to DM @rosenthvl here with your ETH address so that he can check if it was received.

I’m sorry to ask such a silly question but I’ve tried, I swear. How do I send a DM to @rosenthvl ?
EDIT: Forget about it, I’m silly. My account was too new.

Ohh that, yes sry I forgot about that. It’s strange I haven’t experienced an error but I didn’t buy an NFT either, idk.