Disappointed with wallet experiences lately

Hey @hanh I appreciate your enthusiasm for supporting the Zcash ecosystem based on the bullet points you outlined above and also recognize that you mentioned that Taylor did a cursory review of Ywallet. I tagged you in his thread to see if you are interested in further collaboration with Taylor for Ywallet and other aspects of security in this ecosystem. I hope you could chime in there with your support.

P.S. - Speaking for myself - I would love to support a grant application, from you, to help integrate warpsync upstream to benefit the broader ecosystem if you are willing to collaborate more with the community. I have not used ywallet myself but my current wallet has met my needs and I’ve had no reason to switch. Just an observation I’ll probably regret calling out but it exists… some may be concerned about the Ycash-first orientation of Ywallet and how it may be antithetical to advertise on the z.cash website. My point of view is that Ycash is a friendly fork though and arguably (based on the feedback of countless users) has significantly supported the Zcash ecosystem. So who cares if it’s not on z.cash. You’re succeeding by word of mouth reputation, providing fresh benchmarks for the current wallet makers to outperform, and bringing fresh ideas to the community. Thank you and I hope to see more Zcash community collaboration from you in the future. :heart:

8 Likes